Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVgo is finally installing High Power Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the cheap 3D printed plastics on EVgo's Tesla adapter, it is clear that they are just dipping their toes in the water trying the concept out. I applaud this approach but if we want them to offer Tesla charging, we're going to have to start using them, a lot, so that EVgo sees the demand and invests in better Tesla support.
The only one any where near me, for in a direction I ever go, is about 30 miles away at a Walmart. I guess I'll have to start shopping at Walmart and charge even when I don't need to for a while.

Reactions: Janus
EVgo has been a leader in DCFC infrastructure for non-Tesla vehicles. However, they have not made a significant move into the HPC space during the whole buildout of the Electrify America network that is pretty much dedicated to HPCs. That is now starting to change. They have had "prototype" stations for testing HPCs in Fremont, CA and Baker, CA. I have finally spotted a normal site with HPCs installed.

Plugshare - Carlmont Villiage Shopping Center, Belmont, CA

693487.jpg

The site has two Delta chargers that support 100kW on CCS and CHAdeMO and two Signet chargers that support 350kW on CCS and 100kW on CHAdeMO. Before this site came online, the highest power units I had seen were the BTC slim units that were either labeled 80kW or 100kW. A few notable sites had 4 to 6 of these units installed.

View attachment 646286
The price shown above is with the AAA NorCal promotion for membership rates without a monthly commitment.
The above station is referenced at EVgo and General Motors Unveil First Fast Charging Stations from Landmark EV Charging Infrastructure Collaboration.

Reactions: miimura
There are now a significant number of "Ultium Ready" EVgo sites online. Most of them are a combination of two Delta 100kW chargers and 2-6 350kW chargers from various vendors. Here is a brief sample.

Northern California

Southern California

Colorado

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9