Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVgo Tesla fast charger - Mayfield Heights, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm... A number of elements there that I haven't seen at other superchargers makes me a kind of doubtful. But it also has a number of elements that don't seem to gibe with build outs from other DCFC providers. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

That’s not a Tesla Supercharger. What they are building there is an EVgo charging station.

025E99F1-B157-45B6-BADD-204AFF1F5193.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
While EVgo has been installing Tesla charging connectors at some locations in California and select other states sine 2019, this appears to be the first and so far the only Tesla-compatible EVgo DC fast charger in the entire Midwest, according to the PlugShare map.

Reactions: edseloh
I noticed nobody had mentioned on here what their experience was using this charger. I used it August 14th for about 45 minutes while shopping at the Micro Center. Quick stats: 44 minutes, 36.24kWh, $11.88 with the EVGo Member plan. Works out to $0.27 per minute or $0.327 per kWh. Since it's charged per minute no matter the charge rate, if you can use a CCS adapter you'll have a lower price per kWh since you can get higher than the 50kW that the built in Tesla adapters cap out at.

Some additional notes: If you've only used superchargers before then using a 3rd party charger might be frustrating in comparison. I recommend downloading the EVGo app and adding your credit card ahead of time, then when you get there you plug in, find the specific stall you're plugged into on the app, then start the charge that way. If you're going to charge for more than about 15 minutes/12kWh then you should consider signing up for the "Member" plan level since the $5 cost is a credit applied to your charge and the per minute rate is cheaper, so rather than 30 cents a minute you pay 27 cents a minute and the $5 you prepaid gets applied. My charge would have cost $13.20 instead or 36 cents per kWh had I not done that. You can swap back to the free "pay as you go" membership after you unplug so you aren't charged monthly.

Reactions: edseloh and DriveMe