Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not
Are there available stats for time of day/ week people tend to charge? And for how long?
From one of the Arena Knowledge base articles.
(But they recognise limited data points)

Screenshot_20220919-215822.png

Reactions: Vostok and scully
Evie's 20th 350kW site at Warrenheip (Vic) - just on the Melbourne side of Ballarat.

So they are almost halfway (the funding from Aug 2019 was for 42 sites).
Hopefully Ampol Cameron Park (nr Newcastle) is next.. the chargers were installed a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Wow.. they snuck that one out.. I live in Ballarat and drive past almost Daily and never saw this go in.. it’s not even in PlugShare..

Ballarat is pretty spoilt now.. Tesla, Chargefox in town and now Evie behind the Shell on the Western highway..

kinda wondering why they did not install it 100\150km down the road at Ararat or Stawell.. but I’ll take it..

Last edited:
Reactions: AussieOwner
Warrenheip back to 4 already.

Wow.. they snuck that one out.. I live in Ballarat and drive past almost Daily and never saw this go in.. it’s not even in PlugShare..

Someone's added it now. I'm guessing it's tucked away in the far back corner so maybe not noticeable from the road.

HomeCo Belrose (northern Sydney) discussed a few posts back also open.

Warrenheip already:
It's not actually out of order though. If you see one out of four like that it generally means someone has plugged into it but not started the session yet, or something like that.

Similar to the way that the if the CCS2 port is in use, the corresponding CHAdeMO port will say "in maintenance" even though it's really just unavailable while the other port is in use.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Similar to the way that the if the CCS2 port is in use, the corresponding CHAdeMO port will say "in maintenance" even though it's really just unavailable while the other port is in use.

That’s terrible software writing if that’s the case. Software engineers should take instruction from the UX experts, and not think they know better, and present meangingless or engineering text to the end user. A message like “Unavailable - Other Port In Use” would be much more informative, because ”in maintenance” could mean that port won’t work until a tech visits in 3 weeks’ time.

Reactions: whoistheg
That’s terrible software writing if that’s the case. Software engineers should take instruction from the UX experts, and not think they know better, and present meangingless or engineering text to the end user. A message like “Unavailable - Other Port In Use” would be much more informative, because ”in maintenance” could mean that port won’t work until a tech visits in 3 weeks’ time.
That is less a UI issue than it is an API issue.

It's an issue of interfaces.

You have dozens of charger manufacturers with different capabilities, a third party designed protocol to communicate with them, a charger management software system, and the end-user app on top of that. It's not entirely surprising if some details don't get adequately translated making their way through those layers sometimes.

It's not actually out of order though. If you see one out of four like that it generally means someone has plugged into it but not started the session yet, or something like that.

I’ve always seen it work as described in your second paragraph - as soon as you take one connector out, it immediately sets that one as “in use” and the other as “in maintenance”. Agree with others, a better description could be used!

Admittedly by the same clock, Northbridge is difficult to access 38% of the time
It's only difficult if you're trying to use the correct charger. Like this.
20220925_014035.jpg

If you use the next charger over, but park in the last space, then it's easy as. But that means only one car can charge at a time after hours. I'd rather stretch the cable as above so someone else could theoretically use the other stall.