Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Evie Members should have received an email overnight. Evie is running A Passport Challenge from 18/12 to 18/1.

Five $100 prizes for those hitting 3/4 distinct chargers
One month Hyundai Ioniq rental for one hitting 5/6 (note prescriptive conditions on pickup)
Most chargers hit - Etron rental and a cable/charger
Most kWh consumed - $200 voucher for use within a month

Full t&c's
Ultra Fast Electric Car Charging Stations | Evie Networks

Wow Melton just popped out of nowhere,, it’s a shame they did not put it at the Mc Donald’s on the freeway, which would of been right next door to Bunnings and Woodford plaza for shopping. But still a great location for us rural people to charge on the way home

Went by the Melton one yesterday it baffles me why they put it so far from the freeway.

I added circles at the Mc Donald’s on the freeway. Close to the on ramps and heaps of shops..

Attachments

• 61EAB759-CE8D-4575-92EF-902722B3161B.jpeg
    61EAB759-CE8D-4575-92EF-902722B3161B.jpeg
    469 KB · Views: 65
  • 57CF1B38-1346-4319-9E7D-B3A61DC9C11F.jpeg
    57CF1B38-1346-4319-9E7D-B3A61DC9C11F.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 52
Let’s hope they don’t decide to ditch Rockbank given it’s only 5km down the road..

I’m hoping it will be either in the 7/11 or the BP with Mc Donalds

I wouldn't think so. Evie's strategy seems to be 350kW sites for long-distance travel (adjacent to freeways/motorways, often at service centres), and the 50kW sites for places like regional shopping centres.

I wouldn't think so. Evie's strategy seems to be 350kW sites for long-distance travel (adjacent to freeways/motorways, often at service centres), and the 50kW sites for places like regional shopping centres.

Agreed, I've asked an Evie staff member about a couple of these "surprise" 50 kW sites and they are supplementary to, not replacing, their planned 350 kW stations as shown on their website.

You can double check by looking at the "station under construction" / "station live" markers on their map: Ultra Fast Electric Car Charging Stations | Evie Networks

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Brighton now live:

The southern-most 350 kW site in the world, I believe!

There was a time when Richmond, Melbourne was the world’s southernmost Supercharger (37.8˚S 145.0˚E). A nice counterpoint to the world’s northernmost one (Skaidi, Norway, 70.4˚N 24.5˚E - although there is one planned this year even further north at Honningsvåg, 71.0˚N, 25.0˚E). When it comes online, Warrnambool will be the southernmost one in Australia. Until if and when Tesla builds one in Tasmania.

Since 2019 the world’s southernmost Supercharger is in Queenstown, NZ (45.0˚S, 168.7˚E). There are a lot of DCFCs in NZ further south than Brighton, but I couldn’t find any 350 kW ones.

The world‘s southernmost DCFC according to Plugshare is in Curio Bay, NZ (46.7˚S 169.1˚E) but it’s only 25 kW. It is likely to remain the recordholder for a long time, until DCFCs are built in southern Argentina or Chile. The world’s northernmost DCFC is a 175 kW unit at Mehamn (Ishavsveien), Norway (71.1˚N 27.8˚E) and it will also likely hold the record for a long time until DCFCs are built in northern Siberia or Svalbard.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and moa999