Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Note that Caltex (here) was Ampol Australia all along - they just had a license to use Caltex's name and branding, an agreement which has now expired, so Ampol Australia are reverting to their own branding. The company hasn't changed.
Of course.. just thought I'd mention the branding change in there in case anyone was wondering why Evie working with Caltex had any relevance on Ampol starting their own network!

A new 2x 50kW site has popped up in Sydney at The Canopy, Lane Cove today. Evie's 6th Sydney site.

Consistent with one of the Arena dots, and the stalls have Arena stickers.

Weirdly wasn't spotted beforehand despite The Canopy hosting 6 AC chargers and being very popular with EV drivers.
Reason is it's on P2 in an area of the carpark where people using the AC chargers on P3 wouldn't normally drive past.

Now added to Plugshare as a separate entry which hopefully makes it easier for Plugshare to link to live status.

Not that it probably means anything but it's Station ID is MS001 (four of the other Sydney stations are MS###, and one is HS###)

I think H for High Speed/Highway and M for Medium
Then S for Sydney. The Brisbane ones are HB and MB.

Last edited:
And another Evie/Arena site in Bankstown at Bankstown Home Centre (SW Sydney)

Another 2x 50kW it seems.
That's 7 for Evie in Sydney.

This one definitely south of the latte line.

Last edited:
And another Evie/Arena site in Bankstown at Bankstown Home Centre (SW Sydney)
This one definitely south of the latte line.
Thanks for the heads-up! I’m charging there now!

There are two local teenagers skateboarding at the opposite end of the car park. But meh, it’s midnight, and they aren’t bothering anyone.

Just like Seven Hills and Goulburn, bring your 10c drink containers. There’s a return and earn machine opposite the chargers.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Went to do a Evie charge today and it failed and then I realised they've dropped support for Amex, so I needed to enter in a new card.
I charged briefly last week at an Evie station in NW Sydney and also had an unexpected payment problem - on my iPhone I had selected Apple Pay as the payment method in the Evie app; I thought I had a different card set as default for Apple Pay but maybe it was my AmEx. Definitely used to work, but I hadn’t charged at Evie since before the Sydney winter lockdown.

It let me charge - the payment error only appeared after the session had finished - but said it would process the payment next time I attempt to use an Evie charger, so I manually entered a non-AmEx card directly in the app. It took $1 immediately, then a few days later pulled the balance of the small charging session I had.

I thought there was a (new) problem with their ApplePay gateway but maybe it was something to do with their AmEx support going away (even though as I said I could have sworn that wasn’t my default ApplePay card on that phone).

I haven't looked through the previous 17 pages and have just registered with Evie - a very frustrating process!
It took about 6 tries to get it to show the code input keypad on my Android then OK on the 7th attempt.
How do you pay? I was expecting to be shown a page to enter credit card or paypal details.

I haven't looked through the previous 17 pages and have just registered with Evie - a very frustrating process!
It took about 6 tries to get it to show the code input keypad on my Android then OK on the 7th attempt.
How do you pay? I was expecting to be shown a page to enter credit card or paypal details.
In the Android app, tap the account icon at the top left (looks like a person in a circle), then under Payment, "Manage Payment Method" and add your credit card there.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman and moa999
I just successfully added my Chargefox RFID card number to the Evie App. Whether it successfully starts a charging session might be another matter :p but the App accepted the number!

I don’t, however, currently have a payment method set up with Evie, so it would be interesting to find out what would happen if I used the RFID.

OK - I can confirm that using a ChargeFox RFID card on an Evie station does not work.

A message on the charger screen appears: "Invalid Card". The fact that the Evie App lets you enter a Chargefox card ID as a "key fob", and not complain about it, means nothing. The App still complains that you can't start a charging session until a payment method is added.

I sent an enquiry into Evie support about this and their response was "We don't support ChargeFox RFID on our stations".

So that emphatically answers the question. Given that, I have asked for an Evie card to be sent to me.

• Informative
Reactions: moa999
I can confirm that using an Evie card (and Chargefox fob) both work with the EXPLOREN network.
Our local council use Exploren and I have used both Evie card and Chargefox fob to kick off the charging session.
Exploren allows multiple tags to be associated to the account.
Always nice to not have to get the phone and app up an running to charge.

OK - I can confirm that using a ChargeFox RFID card on an Evie station does not work.

A message on the charger screen appears: "Invalid Card". The fact that the Evie App lets you enter a Chargefox card ID as a "key fob", and not complain about it, means nothing. The App still complains that you can't start a charging session until a payment method is added.

I sent an enquiry into Evie support about this and their response was "We don't support ChargeFox RFID on our stations".

So that emphatically answers the question. Given that, I have asked for an Evie card to be sent to me.
I've seen it work the other way around. Get an Evie card and enter it's ID on the Chargefox app. The person in question rented out his car and provided the card and a map of all Evie/Chargefox stations.

I would guess the answer from Chargefox support would be the same as for Evie, as neither want the additional load of supporting users of this "hack".