Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They’re a charging company and they don’t have a pool EV & don’t hire EV owners? That’s. Odd.

Tell them to go to Mittagong RSL, laminate a letter offering free charging at Sutton Forest for the rest of the week, and stick the letter to the charger. Maybe recruit folks in-person at Mittagong, Goulburn & Goulburn North. Say they should add whatever charge they need (here), and swing past Sutton Forest and add whatever charge they want there.

I’ll next be there at ~7-9pm on Friday or thereabouts. Damnit I’ve been past there six times in the last two weeks already. Not keen to take a day off work and make it 7. Sorry.

Reactions: moa999
The optics of an EV Charger company not having its own EV (branded with their logos etc) for the photo-ops at each launch is not good. “Drinking your own champagne” or “eating your own dog food” should be central to just about every business. Even the NRMA has its own EVs.

Yeah I agree, I was surprised to read that they rely on rentals for commissioning activities.

In saying that, I would imagine if they were to run their own EV's, for both tax/operational reasons, they'd want something more commercial in nature. For example a ute or bongo-van type vehicle, both of which are non existent in Australia at present.

Surprisingly, Evie staff aren't responsible for building the site itself, or even present. (Probably the same for other charge network operators) The construction of the site is generally done by an electrical/civil contractor. Evie would have had to have someone drive down from their Brisbane office. Which of course, they *could* do, but it is efficient to do a 20 hour return trip when there are numerous people in and around Sydney who could do it?

I think across their three Tassie sites, they had staff visit the state once - to launch one site and sign agreements with site owners for another in a single trip - (but that was a bit different as it was during the Covid state border lockdown).

Surprisingly, Evie staff aren't responsible for building the site itself, or even present. (Probably the same for other charge network operators) The construction of the site is generally done by an electrical/civil contractor. Evie would have had to have someone drive down from their Brisbane office. Which of course, they *could* do, but it is efficient to do a 20 hour return trip when there are numerous people in and around Sydney who could do it?
That all makes perfect sense. Thanks! And it explains why someone from Evie kept liking all the progress photos I posted on Twitter :)

It also wouldn’t help that Lismore is flooding again.

Reactions: Chuq and Hairyman
94547C90-C5BE-4572-B582-D48429160C33.jpeg
56074AA0-8049-4BDF-A96C-50BAD1E648CB.jpeg

I charged my Tesla M3 at Seven Hills (HS016) Evie Ultra Fast EV Charging station. The battery was at 23% and charged upto 90%.

The Energy provided 40.09 kWh
Approximate cost is $0.6 per kWh
It took 36 minutes for this charging
Total Price = $24.05 (AUD)

Any idea, if there are other fast charger around in Sydney, which are more economical than this one?

Reactions: David Sowden
Any idea, if there are other fast charger around in Sydney, which are more economical than this one?
Both Evie and Chargefox are now 60c/kWh for 350kW. (Although Chargefox had 20% discounts available for NRMA or other roadside memberships).
Tesla superchargers are cheaper at 51c/kWh.

Chargefox and Evie 50kE chargers are typically 40c, and there are a few free ones around (though heavily used).

It's still cheaper than petrol, and you probably saved 20min versus a 50kW charger.

Reactions: cafz and sydneyguy