Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I just meant Evie Network. They have some big gaps. They will be offering subscriptions to BYD drivers soon, but they won't be able to go from SYD-MEL just on Evie---Yet
I’m not sure that priority 1 is to duplicate existing infrastructure for the benefit of non-paying customers.

They’re fulfilling obligations under the ARENA National Ultrafast network (the 350s on highways and outer suburbs) and the ARENA Future Fuels Fund (the 50s in suburbs and major regional cities).

Once there’s real money from large numbers of real customers, we’ll become a priority. For now, we’re the product, and ARENA is the customer.

I always though it is odd that Benalla and Wangaratta, both generally large towns - continue to be dead zones for fast charging. Avenel/Euroa through to Albury/Wodonga/Barnawartha North.

They'd be ideal so far as spacing goes but Evie prefers the off-highway service centre locations, instead of detours into towns.

Evie was award the DCAV grants for 50 kW sites in Benalla and Wangaratta. They could stack the grants and build one of them as a bigger site. (Some grant programs forbid this, but two of the Tassie sites were built like this - both ARENA and state funding.)

• Informative
Reactions: scully
Does anybody know where ABRP pulls the EVIE information from?

I noticed when checking a trip for this weekend that it's already trying to route me to Jamisontown.

Luckily it's close to Caddens so you wouldn't be stranded in this case. But something I might have to keep in mind in future if any of my trips go near a nearly opened station.

1654817823680.png

Maybe it got pulled when they were testing.
Sutton's Forest HS002 is presently showing on map but Unavailable/In Maintenance, whereas Jamistown not showing at all.
I reckon it's like Tesla, where the in-car map, website map, etc. are all updated at different times. ABRP probably pulls from a back-end feed which doesn't necessarily align with what their app says.

Reactions: moa999
I reported it as Inaccurate, and noted I thought it was a Duplicate and suggested deletion.
But looks like someone else has renamed it.. and seemingly the Northbound entry with pictures has been deleted.
The Northbound entry hasn't been deleted - it's now linked to the Evie charger status, which shows them both as "Unavailable", which makes the site invisible in the phone app (but not the website).

If you log in to the website and bookmark the site there, it'll be visible in your bookmarks on the phone app too.

Reactions: moa999
I continue to find it remarkable that there is no charging in Ringwood / eastern suburbs given it is the gateway to the Yarra Valley and the density that way. Tesla's Supercharger isn't coming anytime soon either it feels like.
It is a little bizarre considering with the Eastern Freeway and Tunnel etc you'd like it'd be a good middle point etc..
Western Ring Road has Chargefox AirPort West, Evie Bundoora in close location to the Highway etc also.

The latest news on Evie - fast chargers to be rolled out at 16 shopping centres in a deal between AMP Capital and Evie:

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and Chuq