Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Article has some factual issues. 5 sites have already opened (and Malvern Central isn't among them).

I can also only find 14 Australian AMP centres.
The AMP website says 24 including NZ but only lists a smaller number.

Already installed (5)
NSW - Macquarie, Marrickville, Randwick, Dapto
Vic - Stud Park

So look at for the following site by end-July (9)
NSW - Casula, Northbridge
Qld - Indooroopilly, Gasworks, Karrinyup, Pacific Fair, Brickworks
Vic - Malvern
WA - Ocean Keys (seemingly 350kW per article)

Nothing interesting at Sutton Forest right now. Pavement is rather unfinished. Very much the same as last week.
B23812B1-344C-4EE9-974C-82C62A1F3F86.jpeg

Charged at Jamisontown today. Nice layout, nice clean walkway to the service station for some snacks.

The car popped up a message after I plugged in saying:

"Next time - navigate to charging station. battery will precondition for faster charging"

Apart from this charger not being in the nav yet, I was sure this wasn't the case still in Australia.

I thought I read something about some european chargers triggering preconditioning, is it possible Evie has gained this capability too?

It was the tesla screen which said it though.

Same as picture in this article but it said "Charging Station" instead of "Supercharger"

I will do some experiments once it appears in nav. I've never used a 350kw evie charger before.

The car popped up a message after I plugged in saying: "Next time - navigate to charging station. battery will precondition for faster charging"

Yes the last time I charged at a Supercharger without using the nav to get there, I got this slap-on-the-wrist admonishment from Tesla.

Do Teslas precondition the battery though if you navigate to a third-party DCFC? Does Tesla “know” about those yet?

We've got so many in Tas that I've driven past more 350 kW chargers than I've used!

And I plan to use all of them in the next month or so. This one opening nearby was actually good timing for a bit of practice as we are without home charging this week.

I discovered a problem with setting Apple Pay as the payment method in the evie app, it seems to be an "each time" thing and was clearing the payment method every time we charged. Have added a credit card now, hopefully it "sticks".

Also, Sutton seems to be coming online - 1 of 2 is available, other in maintenance right now on the evie app. Will try it on the weekend too.

Last edited:
And another new Evie 50kW Arena site at HomeCo. Hills in Castle Hill, Sydney.

Same owner as the to be rebranded Bankstown Home Centre site.
HomeCo have almost 20 sites throughout Australia

Takes Evie to 2 350kW and 9 50kW sites in Sydney.

Last edited: