Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I was in a fossil at the time, I notice the Evie app also has them listed as 50kW.

The Newcastle RTM75 has 75 on the display but only does 50kw on Tesla's. It's connected to a 250A cabinet though with two chargers, the other being an old 50kw (3 months out of service). Could it be that it is 125A max (not 50kw max, ie. 400v*125), and EV6's etc with 800V architecture could get closer to the fabled 75kw?

Reactions: Zoltrix77
Post #612 shows the sticker in the Tritium RTM75 units that they are capable of 200A.
They are modular by design and suspect it's more likely that they've only installed 50kW of rectifiers, as that was all that was needed to meet the Arena grant specs.

Reactions: cafz
A couple of sites that are presumably ARENA Future Fuels sites in Adelaide?

(I'm guessing "single charger with two charge points" is a mis-interpretation of "single site with two chargers". Evie has a stack of sites to line up so would be surprising if they'd bother wasting their time building non-grant compliant sites)

Plus a few more Jolt locations:

1656483209584.png

can also only find 14 Australian AMP centres.
The AMP website says 24 including NZ but only lists a smaller number.

Already installed (5)
NSW - Macquarie, Marrickville, Randwick, Dapto
Vic - Stud Park

So look at for the following site by end-July (9)
NSW - Casula, Northbridge
Qld - Indooroopilly, Gasworks, Karrinyup, Pacific Fair, Brickworks
Vic - Malvern
WA - Ocean Keys (seemingly 350kW per article)
Add Casual Mall (near Liverpool in Sydney) to the completed AMP list.

The Melbourne-Epping ultra-rapid site appears to be active in their app - showing as "BP Northpoint, 1 Scanlon Drive, Epping".

Tested this Site last night on my way Home at around 6:30pm.

130kw Peak on 2015 Model S from ~25% State of Charge.
Held the Charge Level above 100kw for most of the charge to around 65%.

Ended up adding 32kw in 17 Minutes, which is pretty good for my almost 200,000km Battery Pack :)

Attachments

• EvieEpping.jpg
    EvieEpping.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 43
Quick question: will the Tesla precondition the battery when navigating to the Evie chargers?
No. But you can trick it by navigating to a supercharger and ignoring the directions. Or, navigate to the supercharger and add the third-party charger as a waypoint. It will precondition before waypoints. And it can’t hurt.

But remember these 350kW chargers are a tiny bit faster than a v2 supercharger even without preconditioning. I get the full 160kW on my SR+ if I arrive on a low enough state of charge.

^ And should be added that in Europe, Tesla has added some third-party networks including Ionity, so hopefully we get the same in Australia soon.

For Tesla's in terms of speed.
V3 > 350kW > V2
As most 350kW stations are capped at 400A, so you only reach the top speeds with an 800V EV, whereas the Tesla V3s can go above 500A for LR and P cars (not for SR+/RWD as you hit C-rate limits)

Last edited:
^ And should be added that in Europe, Tesla has added some third-party networks including Ionity, so hopefully we get the same in Australia soon.

For Tesla's in terms of speed.
V3 > 350kW > V2
As most 350kW stations are capped at 400A, so you only reach the top speeds with an 800V EV, whereas the Tesla V3s can go above 500A for LR and P cars (not for SR+/RWD as you hit C-rate limits)
I enable Ludicrous Plus Mode before heading to Evie Chargers…. Figure that’s the same as Pre-conditioning :)

Reactions: Hairyman
Melbourne Epping new Site was offline last night when I was coming home... Thankfully was able to get to Whittlesea on my way back
(was at 11% at Epping... 3% at Whittlesea)

PlugShare reports Down due to a Hardware Fault as of 2pm yesterday...

It's really amazing how quickly these go from "Operational to Faulted" from Installation.

As an investor in Tritium, super concerning. It's becoming a narrative now.
On the plus side, whatever they did to the Mittagong charger seems to be working - it must be the most utilised 50kW charger in the country and has been rock solid for well over a year now. Need a bit of that magic dust sprinkled on the 350kW units!