Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking forward to these opening!

ARENA commits to $15M to Evie Networks to enable affordable electric vehicles and build market confidence - Evie Networks

Ultra fast highway charging network for electric vehicles - Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)

Strange that cost is so high given NRMA was $10m for 40 sites but this is for at least 2 cars charging per site and I believe they are all 350kW rather than 50kW. Even the NRMA seemed expensive to me NRMA to build Australia's largest fast charging network

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Charging map

upload_2019-8-26_18-17-56.png

Our Network | Evie Networks

The stay tuned photo shows 2 350kW chargers with only one cable so possible only CCS. Great to see some in north QLD, Tas. Strange that they seem to have a lot near Perth and Adelaide rather than spread out.

As it happens I overlaid that image onto an actual map and, if the dots are to be believed, they align with:

Campbell Town Tas
Elizabeth Town Tas
Kempton Tas
Seymour Vic
Euroa Vic
Albury-Wodonga Vic-NSW
Tarcutta NSW
Yass NSW
Sutton Forest NSW
Lithgow NSW
Taree NSW
Kempsey NSW
Dublin SA
Murray Bridge SA
Cairns Qld
Townsville Qld
Proserpine Qld
Gympie Qld
Nambour Qld
Toowoomba Qld
Tweed Heads NSW
Grafton NSW

I didn't do the ones immediately around the cities as I couldn't get precise enough locations on the map.

Also a note - The Campbell Town and Elizabeth Town locations (Tas) received funding from the Tasmanian Government a month or so ago. One of the conditions of the funding is that they provide both Chademo and CCS2. I've confirmed these sites will have both. It's possible they might just do that for those two sites to keep with the terms of the grant, and they'll go CCS2 only at all other sites. Tasmania hands out grants for electric car charging network | The Driven

Looking forward to these opening!

ARENA commits to $15M to Evie Networks to enable affordable electric vehicles and build market confidence - Evie Networks

Ultra fast highway charging network for electric vehicles - Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)

Strange that cost is so high given NRMA was $10m for 40 sites but this is for at least 2 cars charging per site and I believe they are all 350kW rather than 50kW. Even the NRMA seemed expensive to me NRMA to build Australia's largest fast charging network
Most of the NRMA sites are one Tritium Charger and a few with 2. Hopefully this means that the Evie sites will be larger multi machine sites.

Most of the NRMA sites are one Tritium Charger and a few with 2. Hopefully this means that the Evie sites will be larger multi machine sites.

Yes they mention 2 cars charging per site but I thought it may have been 1 CCS and 1 CHAdeMO as Chuq had previously mentioned the TAS requirement. 2 x 350kW will need a big transformer and I wonder if they will get connection issues but they also mentioned they will be at highway service stations so they may already have a lot of power. Some of the lighting and other loads may have been made more efficient so they could have some headroom from when they were originally installed. Even better if they start closing fuel pumps to get more power for chargers ;)

I was at a talk given by one of the guys from Evie on the weekend at the Sydney EV Expo.

He outlined that Metro Areas will be mostly 50kw Tritium chargers (of which they'll be getting for a very good price as one of Evies investors is also a large shareholder of Tritium) and highway routes will be 350kw chargers, so I expect the chargers in Sydney will not be 350kw.

I was at a talk given by one of the guys from Evie on the weekend at the Sydney EV Expo.

He outlined that Metro Areas will be mostly 50kw Tritium chargers (of which they'll be getting for a very good price as one of Evies investors is also a large shareholder of Tritium) and highway routes will be 350kw chargers, so I expect the chargers in Sydney will not be 350kw.
I think he was talking about Trevor St Baker. Trevor St Baker - Wikipedia
If his Wikipedia page leaves you conflicted, join the club.

Does anyone know why "a Better Route Planner" seems very reluctant to take the Pacific Highway from Balina to Maclean?

It seems odd to me... like a bridge is out of action or something like that..

I tried the NRMA site and it was happy to go via the Pacific Highway...

This seems to be it...

Holiday traffic plans | Pacific Highway Upgrade

"Using information from previous years delay information between Grafton and Ballina we can estimate the delay times expected during the peak travel days over the long weekend. If you are unable to avoid travelling over these days and times, you can consider taking an alternate route via the Bruxner Highway and Summerland Way."

The reason I am checking is Maclean is listed as a location for an Evie charger..

Last edited:
Does anyone know why "a Better Route Planner" seems very reluctant to take the Pacific Highway from Balina to Maclean?

The other thing to check is to go to https://www.openstreetbrowser.org and select "Transportation > Individual Traffic > Maxspeed" It will then show you if any roads are missing speed limit info. If they are then OSM (and therefore ABRP) may be assuming 60 km/h and then routing you to a "faster" road.

Edit: Don't think it's a maxspeed thing. I narrowed it down - it's somewhere here:

x5mwZlR.png

Bz4sdsS.png

Last edited: