Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've also never had a problem with the Evie app. It's almost exactly like the Chargefox app. Plug in. Open App. Select site off the map. Look for the charger that has a big START button next to it, and press that button. Done.

If you're struggling with GPS or mobile data on your phone, perhaps request a prox card from either Chargefox or Evie. You then have to enter its serial number in-app. Then you just swipe that card on the front of the charger & never touch the phone app again. Note that Chargefox and Evie use identical tech so you can link the same card to both accounts. Just request a card from either of them, and enter the same card serial number in the relevant spot in both phone apps.

Note that Chargefox and Evie use identical tech so you can link the same card to both accounts. Just request a card from either of them, and enter the same card serial number in the relevant spot in both phone apps.
Same with the ActewAGL card, although they don't have an app and apparently people are having trouble obtaining a card from them at the moment.

Same with the ActewAGL card, although they don't have an app and apparently people are having trouble obtaining a card from them at the moment.
Ugh. Oh well, they only have one CCS2 charger anyway, at Knowles Place West (opposite the Melbourne building).

And don't get me started on how many of their Type 2 AC chargers are faulty. Basically all the outdoor ones, like Greenway (Reed Street North - often trips) and Fyshwick (ACTEWAGL/Jemena depot - has been powrered off for over a year).

There's always a political suggestion that ACTEW (half-owned by the ACT Government) should add more chargers across the region in places where Canberrans drive. Braidwood is often mentioned, given that a solid percentage of Canberra's population seemingly floods Batemans Bay every holiday weekend, and indeed most weekends. I really hope they move onto a nationwide billing platform, like Evie or Chargefox, if they add any more DC chargers.

A Fyshwick ActewAGL one has been on Chargefox map for some time (currently shown as offline)
The faulty one was at the ACTEWAGL depot - Google Maps

As you said, there's one either there, or next door (the address is unclear), on the Chargefox map now. But it's not on PlugShare. There is a separate one on PlugShare two blocks away. I might have to pay it a visit tonight & get a few photos.

Echuca CTR should be live in the next few days., 50KW, the hotel we are now the guys installing it are staying and had a quick chat.. good position on the Main Street and fills a nice hole in the charging network
928B609C-8576-4DE1-9E33-8C65B461D736.jpeg

This is I assume the ultrafast site referred to as "Calder Park" on their rollout map.

Interesting that it's adjacent to a Shell rather than an Ampol (Caltex Australia).
The one in Brighton Tas is also a Shell (has the same Viva branding across the top). I think there is a Puma one in Qld too. It seems Evie are not a fan of monogamous relationships with service station chains :)

I've had someone tell me they think they've found the Westbury one in Tas as well - awaiting confirmation. It's not a petrol station :)