TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Evie networks

Discussion in 'Australia' started by baillies, Aug 26, 2019.

1. moa999

moa999 Member

Mosman, Sydney (1x 50kW) opened today.
    Two check-ins on app and one on PlugShare .
    PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Will check it out this week with my new Evie card.
    (Interestingly uses a similar 8 alphanumeric digit card number as Chargefox - possibly same source?)

Three Sydney sites in a month - well done Evie.

• Like x 1
  2. moa999

moa999 Member

Evie Members should have received an email overnight. Evie is running A Passport Challenge from 18/12 to 18/1.

Five $100 prizes for those hitting 3/4 distinct chargers
    One month Hyundai Ioniq rental for one hitting 5/6 (note prescriptive conditions on pickup)
    Most chargers hit - Etron rental and a cable/charger
    Most kWh consumed - $200 voucher for use within a month

Full t&c's
    Ultra Fast Electric Car Charging Stations | Evie Networks

3. whoistheg

whoistheg Member

Wow Melton just popped out of nowhere,, it’s a shame they did not put it at the Mc Donald’s on the freeway, which would of been right next door to Bunnings and Woodford plaza for shopping. But still a great location for us rural people to charge on the way home

4. whoistheg

whoistheg Member

Went by the Melton one yesterday it baffles me why they put it so far from the freeway.

I added circles at the Mc Donald’s on the freeway. Close to the on ramps and heaps of shops..

Attached Files:

5. cafz

cafz Member

They have a 350kW station planned for Rockbank, presumably very close to the freeway.

6. whoistheg

whoistheg Member

Let’s hope they don’t decide to ditch Rockbank given it’s only 5km down the road..

I’m hoping it will be either in the 7/11 or the BP with Mc Donalds

7. cafz

cafz Member

I wouldn't think so. Evie's strategy seems to be 350kW sites for long-distance travel (adjacent to freeways/motorways, often at service centres), and the 50kW sites for places like regional shopping centres.

8. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Agreed, I've asked an Evie staff member about a couple of these "surprise" 50 kW sites and they are supplementary to, not replacing, their planned 350 kW stations as shown on their website.

You can double check by looking at the "station under construction" / "station live" markers on their map: Ultra Fast Electric Car Charging Stations | Evie Networks

• Informative x 1
  9. moa999

moa999 Member

Evie has another countdown clock on their website for 31 Jan.

• Informative x 1
  10. cafz

cafz Member

Guessing Dandenong maybe?

11. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

That's my guess, it's the only "under construction" one on their website at the moment. Mind you, depending on the existing state of a site, it is certainly possible for it to be done in 3 weeks.

12. djayz

djayz Member

My guess is Bundoora. It’s not showing on their app yet and last I saw it a couple of weeks ago it was finished but the chargers were covered under hoods, probably awaiting testing.