The site looks great, and I really like the prospect of your project here. That being said, I'm reluctant to leave my Tesla credentials on a third party site.
Tesla, please give us proper OAUTH support soon!
Can you get the app to read each individual tire pressure reading? Sadly, a $100K car's display does not have it. Tesla already has the TPMS on each tire, and I don't want to install Fobo or any third party hardware.
Can we get some details about what exactly evMote can do? The only concrete bit of information that I can find is that it will log trips. What else can it show? What exactly do these schedules and alerts entail? What sort of control does it give me?
Ryan, maybe a video demo, or a test login that uses your car's data?
Fun area, I love the tacos at Puesto!
The app looks great! I don't have my car yet, but hopefully you get lots of useful feedback from the beta testers.
First, most of the "magic" happens on the server. Currently, the interface is a website, but that will quickly expand to be a mobile website, and potentially iOs and Android clients. It works "ok" on the Tesla browser in the car, but still needs a little work.
Today, it lets you do two things:
1) Get a visually pleasing status of your car. This includes things like range, charging status, climate status, etc.
2) Go back in time and see every trip you've taken in the car with a GPS track on a map. It's pretty cool seeing the trips pop up that you forgot about It's also pretty interesting watching it track trips that happen underground. I park three levels underground and my trips still get tracked incredibly accurately. This isn't something any of the mobile apps do today. VisibleTesla can do it, but only if you leave it running on a server 24/7.
In the future, I'll be adding a lot of things:
3) Control over the car. Lock, unlock, turn on climate control, etc. This will bring evMote up to the point that most other Tesla Apps are today, in terms of realtime control.
4) Scheduling, automation, geo-fencing, etc. Again, VisibleTesla can do this, but only if it's running on your local machine 24/7
5) Secret things that I've been wishing other apps could do, but I haven't seen yet
I ask that you only sign-up if you're willing to dig around, break things, and report them to me so I can make it even better.