Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVmote App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ryan,

I love the app, I've been following your dev since you posted it on Reddit. One thing that I've seen people ask a lot about is having to share their MyTesla creds, would it make sense to give the option to either enter your creds or if enter the API token if you have it? this way users can feel a little safer by not having to give out their creds.

Thanks for the idea. I've added that to the backlog.

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi all,
This is a crazy time of year at my "real" job, so I haven't had much time to work on EVmote. The time I have spent is on a large re-write of the core system. This will make it much easier for me to add features going forward.

No commitments on that release, but wanted to share a screenshot with you :)
rJ8rdgL.jpg

I don't guarantee accuracy in submarine mode.

I'm guessing your Tesla GPS just freaked out on that trip. I pick it up directly from the car. Perhaps there was interference from a tumbling satellite in orbit.

I'll take a look at the kph conversion on the average speed stat. Can you explain a bit more about the top speed piece? Were you watching the trip live and it was bouncing back and forth in the live stats?

Thanks,
Ryan
Just a thought about the GPS. I have had issues in the past with GIS mapping tools at my work where if I lose my GPS link, even for a moment, just when the computer/software happens to be polling the GPS device, I get a lat/long of 0.00/0.00, which plots off the west coast of Africa. I assume there might be a way to discard/ignore these erroneous GPS plots.

This could also affect speed calculations, but this is all speculation on my part. since I am neither an engineer nor a programmer.

And thanks for dedicating yourself to this app, Ryan!

OK. Here's the screen that prompted the re-write in the first place: The new Trip History page. This shows off why I wanted to change the way the application was written:

You'll note the infinite scrolling list (instead of the old page buttons), the embedded maps, the ability to hide short trips, and a bunch of other cool things I couldn't do before.

Getting closer to a launch!

Reactions: Andyw2100
Another video showing the new features in the Trip details list. Now you can look at every point on the trip and see your moment-by-moment statistics!

Looks great! Looking forward to seeing this live.

Quick question: I'm trying to use Python code to run the automation scripts (nit a big fan of IFTTT), but am struggling with providing the temperature values in the POST body. Do you happen to have python code samples by any chance that I could use?

Looks great! Looking forward to seeing this live.

Quick question: I'm trying to use Python code to run the automation scripts (nit a big fan of IFTTT), but am struggling with providing the temperature values in the POST body. Do you happen to have python code samples by any chance that I could use?

I'm not a Python guy, but here's the curl that works:
curl --data "72" -H"Content-Type:text/plain" https://www.evmote.com/ifttt/MY_API_KEY_FROM_EVMOTE/climateTemp

Thanks,
Ryan

Hello everyone!

I'd like to announce the beta version of EVmote 2.0. I've re-written a great portion of the website to make it easier for me to add new features in the future. I've also improved the design and usability quite a bit.
It's still a work in progress. Not all of the features are active yet, and there are still some bugs. With those caveats, I'd like to invite you to play with the new version and give me any feedback you have.

Here is the list of to-dos:
- Internationalization
- Trip details are still populating in the database. It will take another few days to finish. There are over 250,000 trips stored and over 50 million GPS points to calculate!
- Download History
- Camping mode
- Trip sharing
- Live tracking

I think everything else is working! Check out the new site at
https://beta.evmote.com

Thanks!
Ryan

Looks great for the most part. I spotted a few problems:

• The circular charge graph is huge, a fair bit larger than my browser window.
  • Interior and exterior temperatures show as -1, presumably because they're unavailable as the car is in the garage with climate control off.
  • The charge limit shows 50, but the actual setting is 90.
Otherwise, very cool. I especially like the new trip display.

Some more bugs/observations:

Dashboard:

- I do NOT see the huge battery level circle on Chrome (it looks just fine there), but I do see it on Safari.

Trips:

- when I turn on the "hide short trips" filter (which is a great new feature btw!), I see double-filled rows, i.e. 2 entries written into 1 row. Happens for both, Chrome as well as Safari browser.

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone, for the feedback!

I've fixed the huge circle. Mobile is also on the list of something I need to get working on the new version.

I'll take a look at the situation where the car doesn't report because it's asleep (charge level and temps) and the doubled trip list with short trips. Side note: Hiding short trips is the reason I embarked on this re-write. It turned into quite the task, but I'll soon be in a much better place where I can add things much easier.

Thanks!
Ryan