Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVmote App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many nice updated UI features, thanks! One thing though, on our account page (or somewhere) can *we* put in a value threshold for "short trips"? It looks like it's something like 1/4 mile now. I'd like it to be (for me) anything less than 5 miles. Thanks.

Totally. I'll work on that tonight. I know you've been waiting for this feature for a while, so want to make sure it meets your needs :)

Thanks,
Ryan

Works for me, and now also the double-entries are gone. Very cool!

Another thing I just noticed: I can open and close the sunroof that my car doesn't have :) I believe the API tells you whether a car has the sunroof or not - so maybe you can use that to disable this option?

Oh, and one more feature request: would it be possible to set a default for hiding short trips? Now I have to select that filter every time I check on trips (and in 99% of the cases, I don't want to see short trips).

Done!

The threshold setting is at the bottom of the My Account page.

This works GREAT, thanks. Now I can see only the longer trip segments I'm actually interested in (> 50 miles).

One additional request: On each trip summary page with the map, can you include things like you had on the production site:
Time and distance
Average Speed
Max Speed
Energy Consumed (in kWh and %)
Average Wh/M
Average Temp (if avail)​

thanks!

This works GREAT, thanks. Now I can see only the longer trip segments I'm actually interested in (> 50 miles).

One additional request: On each trip summary page with the map, can you include things like you had on the production site:
Time and distance
Average Speed
Max Speed
Energy Consumed (in kWh and %)
Average Wh/M
Average Temp (if avail)​

thanks!

Done!

Unfortunately, nothing in the API (that I see) gives me the Wh left in the car, so I can't calculate anything to do with that. Total bummer because I'd LOVE to show stats based on Wh instead of % of battery.

Last edited:
Works for me, and now also the double-entries are gone. Very cool!

Another thing I just noticed: I can open and close the sunroof that my car doesn't have :) I believe the API tells you whether a car has the sunroof or not - so maybe you can use that to disable this option?

Oh, and one more feature request: would it be possible to set a default for hiding short trips? Now I have to select that filter every time I check on trips (and in 99% of the cases, I don't want to see short trips).

Both excellent points. I'll add them.

Hi everyone,
After 96 releases of the beta site, I think it's almost ready for production!
I would very much appreciate if you could run it through it's paces. I'm sure there are things I've forgotten or broken. If you could help me find them, I would appreciate it! It *should* be at feature parity with the original site - I haven't added any of the new features yet, except hiding short trips, trip playback, and some new controls on the dashboard.
Lots of things on the list that you guys commented on above, but I want to make sure this version "works" so I can switch out the original without losing any functionality. Then, I'll continue working on it to add the things ya'll mentioned.

https://beta.evmote.com

Thanks!
Ryan

Things I've noticed so far:

1. On the dashboard page, clicking "More Info" does nothing for me.
2. On the dashboard page, clicking "Refresh" zeroed everything and eventually got this error page: Snaggy - easy screenshots - on refresh it seems normal.
3. On trips page, it seems to have acquired some phantom trip going nowhere: Snaggy - easy screenshots
4. On trips page, "Hide Short Trips" doesn't seem to do much
5. I can't test the "Downloads" thing anymore as I don't have a Pro account.

At 100% zoom in Chrome/windows, this screen requires scrolling down to get to the "Continue..." buttons:

upload_2016-5-7_14-48-22.png

One more post -- and certainly a "Pro" request. It would be great to have a little button on each trip leg to combine/merge it with the one below it. If I'm on a long trip, and stop anywhere, or even just put the car in Park, it triggers a new trip. It would be nice to merge multiple legs into one real "trip". Maybe adding a "4 minute stop at XX" in between, and a stop marker on the map.

It's not abandoned, but I definitely haven't had time to work on it lately. The beta version is really close to being at parity with the live version and I encourage folks to use it! Once I find a few days to button up the rest of the beta version, I'll replace the live version.

Thanks for your patience. I'm sure ya'll know how life can get in the way :)
Ryan

Hi everyone,
It's with mixed feelings that I'm announcing that EVmote is shutting down. I haven't had as much time to focus on the project as I had hoped. Life just keeps getting in the way. I've realized that on the rare times I have to work on it, the passion just isn't there anymore. It's turned into an annoyance rather than something that I look forward to.
I'd like to thank everyone that used the service, and especially to those who subscribed and helped offset some of the server costs each month. If you have a Pro account, it will remain that way until 10-21, but you will not be billed this month. On 10-21, I'll take the service down.

Thank you for all of your support and apologies for any inconvenience this causes. The good news is that there have emerged many other similar projects in the last year, many with the same functionality.

Ryan

:(

Thanks for all your efforts, from my perspective, EVMote is still the best looking solution out there, and the IFTTT integration was very cool. Sad to see it go, but I think I know exactly how you feel. Happened to a few of my projects in the past as well ;)