Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVmote App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The geofencing never worked for me. I am guessing I should have gotten an email?

It's a bug. I'm testing through it now, but it's kind of a pain to debug. I have to make a code change, go down to the parking garage (where I have no GPS or cell signal), drive around the block pushing park a couple of times, pull back into my garage, go back upstairs and look at the log files to see what happened.

:)

I'll get it working though. Just need a few more interations.

Thanks!
Ryan

I know that routine well. I have been doing that with my IFTTT / HUE scripts. No fun.

It's a bug. I'm testing through it now, but it's kind of a pain to debug. I have to make a code change, go down to the parking garage (where I have no GPS or cell signal), drive around the block pushing park a couple of times, pull back into my garage, go back upstairs and look at the log files to see what happened.

Thanks!
Ryan

Thanks!
Ryan

Sounds like a laptop with a hotspot might be helpful ;)

Excited to try this! Wondering if you can timeframe it. "If I show up after 10pm and car is not plugged in after 5 mins pester me"

As long as we're making a wishlist...

I usually charge my car at work, so I don't tend to charge at home unless the remaining range is low. It would be nice if I could specify a range threshold, above which no charging reminder is issued. Ideally, this threshold would be customizable per-charger.

On a related note, I would prefer these notifications as SMS messages rather than email messages. (Most cell carriers have an email->SMS gateway, so that could be solved by allowing users to enter a second email address for notifications.)

Ok. Charging reminders are working now. Sorry for the premature release without full testing!
I know everyone wants different features and subfeatures. I want to rough out a couple of bigger things first, then I'll come back and add some refinement to some of the features that are already working.

Thanks!
Ryan

Another feature idea, is to create a towing notification, i.e. when vehicle remains in park, but changes location significantly. (It's possible the vehicle speed could instead be used for the purpose of detecting a moving vehicle, rather than a change in position, provided that it reflects GPS-derived velocity rather than wheel speed, as the latter would remain zero if the vehicle is on a flat-bed.)

Hi all,

There are 40 people in the beta so far and I've realized that collecting GPS coordinates for everyone's trips has taken up a lot of storage space. The provider I've been using (MongoLab) gets really expensive as the storage space increases so I need to move the database onto a server with more space. The migration should only take about 15 minutes, but might take up to an hour. During this time you won't be able to access evMote and it won't be able to track your trips.

Thanks for understanding!
Ryan

Hi all,

There are 40 people in the beta so far and I've realized that collecting GPS coordinates for everyone's trips has taken up a lot of storage space. The provider I've been using (MongoLab) gets really expensive as the storage space increases so I need to move the database onto a server with more space. The migration should only take about 15 minutes, but might take up to an hour. During this time you won't be able to access evMote and it won't be able to track your trips.

Thanks for understanding!
Ryan

Back online now! Thanks for the patience!