Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVmote App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for developing this and for being so responsive in the process.

I look forward to giving it a go during the next road trip, which is right around the corner.

Absolutely! Thank you guys for being understanding as the server bounces, wobbles, falls, and deletes all your trips ;)

Slow progress today, but that's because I'm working on a couple of things that are "all or nothing" and can't be released incrementally.

Thanks!
Ryan

@Cryptyk
Thanks for creating this. Looking forward to new features!

Today I'm getting this message when pressing the DASH tab:
Your Tesla is offline. We'll keep searching for it.

I'm still able to log into the official app and the trip from this morning is logged on evmote.

Regarding the trip this morning, it's been split up into 3 trips. Is the splitting triggered by putting the car in park? I put the car in park to let my neighbor in and out of the car this morning and this is where evmote has split my trip.

It looks like Tesla changed the vehicle tokens. I'll fix that today so the site starts working again. I also setup an alert so if it happens again, I'll be notified.

You're right - Switching the vehicle to park ends the trip. Make sure you park correctly the first time ;)

Hi,
I noticed the UI has changed and now displays the 4 additional icons, as hinted at above. However, nothing seems to happen when I click any of them. Are they supposed to be functional?
THanks!
Screen Shot 2015-08-23 at 2.10.58 PM.png

Another teaser shot. If you haven't signed up for the beta, consider it. Whenever I open up new spots in the beta, I email the list and let them know!

View attachment 91982

As you know from the other thread, this is huge for me. I apologize I skimmed through this, but, it looks like your server does all of the crunching bypassing the need for me to leave something open, dedicated, etc?

Just some minor comments on an otherwise great interface.

While I now know what these four buttons do, it would be good to have tooltips/flyovers or even just alt-text indicating what each one does.

The horn, lock, and plug are pretty obvious. The lightning bolt isn't clear is that flash the lights (which I'm assuming, I didn't try it yet)-- or could also be "Start Charging"? Along the same lines, the "plug" could be "open the charge port" or "start/stop charging".

evm.png

Thanks. Here is my testing from yesteryday:
lock/unlock works well.
Pano roof works well and appears to cycle between closed/vent/open.
charge plug will open the charge port. On my car, which doesn't have auto-close capability of the charge port, I'm not sure on expected behavior when I hit it again after the charge port has already been opened.
Volumn icon does honk the horn, but not sure it's hte best icon for that purpose.
I could not figure out what the lightning icon does when I was playing around with it yesterday. Based on above poster's input, I realize it flashes the lights. It does work, but maybe a different icon as I assumed it had somethign to do with charging.

Thanks again for developing this!

Ok. This is terrible engineering practice, but here's the deal. I just deployed the Charging Reminder feature. The problem is that I wasn't able to test it locally before deploying it, and I can't currently go drive my car around to see if it works.
So check out the feature, but if it doesn't work, be understanding :) I'll check the logs every now and then so that if it's not working I can fix it.
Start by going to the My Account section and adding a charging location. Next time you go for a drive and come back to your charging location you'll have 5 minutes to plug in your car before you receive an email reminder. In theory ;)

Enjoy!
Ryan

Ok. This is terrible engineering practice, but here's the deal. I just deployed the Charging Reminder feature. The problem is that I wasn't able to test it locally before deploying it, and I can't currently go drive my car around to see if it works.
So check out the feature, but if it doesn't work, be understanding :) I'll check the logs every now and then so that if it's not working I can fix it.
Start by going to the My Account section and adding a charging location. Next time you go for a drive and come back to your charging location you'll have 5 minutes to plug in your car before you receive an email reminder. In theory ;)

Enjoy!
Ryan

Excited to try this! Wondering if you can timeframe it. "If I show up after 10pm and car is not plugged in after 5 mins pester me"

Another suggestion for the charging reminder. I usually park in the afternoon, but I don't plug it until a bit later when we're done cooking etc. It would be nice to set it so that if I'm at charging location A and it's not plugged in after a set time (like 8 pm), then send a reminder.