Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVnomics - Australian stocked accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys - I know it's still a month or 2 before we get our cars, but I started to buy accessories ahead of time (as I posted before).

Unfortunately, all the accessories are shipped from the US, and it was a pain in the arse with high shipping costs, plus long wait time.

I thought we deserved better!

So I've started EVnomics - an Australian stockist of Tesla accessories - EVnomics

I've done exclusivity deals with many of the US manufacturers. I've tried very hard to follow the Tesla Model and make sure you guys were no worse off buying from EVnomics than from the US stockists.

I'm building the range right now, but have:

1. Key fob protectors (tried it on Cary's key - all looked awesome!)
2. Screen protectors
3. Phone holders
4. Wheels pre-order (I'd be very interested to see whether any of you would like the 19" Cyclones - pretty cheap).

Will soon have sun shades, other more substantial internal enhancements etc.

It's more of a hobby than anything else, not really a money earner! But thought it might be nice for the Australian and NZ community to have something local!

Check it out and let me know if you spot any bugs/typos or errors.

EVnomics

Also, I'm not sure what the advertising rules here are - but if I put it in the "Marketplace" section I don't think anybody from here would really see it...so I've put it here.

Cheers
Tim

Last edited:
I've thought about this - and I don't mind the electrical stuff because we also install chargers, but given there are rumours Tesla will bring out a UMC early next year, I want to see how that goes with everyone before investing in any 3rd party parts.

yes i had a look at the jet charge website i believe it's missing the fair trading requirement of advertising the electricians contractor licences number !

but given there are rumours Tesla will bring out a UMC early next year, I want to see how that goes with everyone before investing in any 3rd party parts.

sorry i'm derailing your thread. so until that comes out tesla owners would only be able to charge in perth, and at home. also at a single qld shopping center as everything else out there except the odd better place charge point is type 1 and you can't use type i 3112 plugs ? lucky the dam thing has 500km range. might have to talk to my sparkie friends about making up some type 1 to type 2 cables so you can use chargepoint network with tesla.

sorry i'm derailing your thread. so until that comes out tesla owners would only be able to charge in perth, and at home. also at a single qld shopping center as everything else out there except the odd better place charge point is type 1 and you can't use type i 3112 plugs ? lucky the dam thing has 500km range. might have to talk to my sparkie friends about making up some type 1 to type 2 cables so you can use chargepoint network with tesla.

Mate I would point you to this thread: Mobile charging for Australia

Don't worry about derailing the thread - you can make it up to me by buying a key fob :D

are you going to carry type 2 - type 2 32amp cables ? or are you avoiding electrical stuff ?
The first Hong Kong cars delivered last week were supplied with a Genuine Mennekes Type 2 to Type 2 cable at no charge and quite unannounced. The Wall Connector is also supplied with the car there, usually in advance of delivery. A portable EVSE with local plug (BS1363) was also available for purchase from launch day, contrary to prior information. It's not a UMC, but it allows people to plug in "anywhere". So, we don't know what charging accessories (3rd party or Tesla) you will actually need to buy after your car is delivered in Australia.

Last edited:
The first Hong Kong cars delivered last week were supplied with a Genuine Mennekes Type 2 to Type 2 cable at no charge and quite unannounced. The Wall Connector is also supplied with the car there, usually in advance of delivery. A portable EVSE with local plug (BS1363) was also available for purchase from launch day, contrary to prior information. It's not a UMC, but it allows people to plug in "anywhere". So, we don't know what charging accessories (3rd party or Tesla) you will actually need to buy after your car is delivered in Australia.
Could be interesting. Just where could you plug one of these cables in in Australia?

- - - Updated - - -

Well done mate & good luck

- - - Updated - - -

Nice one. Any idea if the offsets, weight etc of the wheels are identical to the standard wheels? After years of being told about Porsche wheels with incorrect offsets are fine for my 928, I'm very careful...

Hi guys - I know it's still a month or 2 before we get our cars, but I started to buy accessories ahead of time (as I posted before).

Unfortunately, all the accessories are shipped from the US, and it was a pain in the arse with high shipping costs, plus long wait time.

I thought we deserved better!

So I've started EVnomics - an Australian stockist of Tesla accessories - EVnomics

I've done exclusivity deals with many of the US manufacturers. I've tried very hard to follow the Tesla Model and make sure you guys were no worse off buying from EVnomics than from the US stockists.

I'm building the range right now, but have:

1. Key fob protectors (tried it on Cary's key - all looked awesome!)
2. Screen protectors
3. Phone holders
4. Wheels pre-order (I'd be very interested to see whether any of you would like the 19" Cyclones - pretty cheap).

Will soon have sun shades, other more substantial internal enhancements etc.

It's more of a hobby than anything else, not really a money earner! But thought it might be nice for the Australian and NZ community to have something local!

Check it out and let me know if you spot any bugs/typos or errors.

There's a limitation to the system that won't let me display GST properly, so the final pricing is calculated at checkout when you put in your address.

EVnomics

Also, I'm not sure what the advertising rules here are - but if I put it in the "Marketplace" section I don't think anybody from here would really see it...so I've put it here.

Cheers
Tim

Great idea! Thank you.

Nice one. Any idea if the offsets, weight etc of the wheels are identical to the standard wheels? After years of being told about Porsche wheels with incorrect offsets are fine for my 928, I'm very careful...

Hi Mark - thanks for the question.

Offset is +35 which pushes the wheel/tire out about 10mm. Adds a bit more of an aggressive stance to the look of the car. Beautiful though.

Weight is slightly lighter than the stock wheels.

The wheels accept all factory lug nuts, centre caps, sensors and tyres. They have been tested by the same people who test the wheels for Tesla themselves.

I'm going to put grey ones on my Brown 85.

To give you an idea of what they look like, here's a Pearl White with the TSTs.

img_2810-edit.jpg
img_2781-edit.jpg

Hi Mark - thanks for the question.

Offset is +35 which pushes the wheel/tire out about 10mm. Adds a bit more of an aggressive stance to the look of the car. Beautiful though.

Weight is slightly lighter than the stock wheels.

The wheels accept all factory lug nuts, centre caps, sensors and tyres. They have been tested by the same people who test the wheels for Tesla themselves.

I'm going to put grey ones on my Brown 85.

Thanks,

If the offset is out by 10mm it is a definite problem. Not so much on the rear, but at the front it can be the difference between a scrub radius or not. The offset is something overlooked or ignored by many aftermarket retailers and surprisingly by registration checks, but is actually quite serious if incorrect as it changes the geometry somewhat and therefore the handling and stability. The scrub radius affects the self centring of the steering, leading to tramlining.

Thanks,

If the offset is out by 10mm it is a definite problem. Not so much on the rear, but at the front it can be the difference between a scrub radius or not. The offset is something overlooked or ignored by many aftermarket retailers and surprisingly by registration checks, but is actually quite serious if incorrect as it changes the geometry somewhat and therefore the handling and stability. The scrub radius affects the self centring of the steering, leading to tramlining.

You know way more about the physics of this than I do, but anecdotally, I switched out my factory 19" for the grey T-Sportline wheels about 2 months ago, and I've not noticed any difference at all, in terms of driving dynamics. In my opinion they're a great option if you want the look of the 21", without the increased risk of curbing or bending them, plus the increased tire wear with the summer tires.

Thanks,

Hi Mark when I spoke with T Sportline I did ask them about whether there would any issues regarding things like scrub radius, and they assured me that they've sold hundreds of TSTs and nobody has had a problem.

I plan on getting some myself so happy to report back to you!

Hi Mark when I spoke with T Sportline I did ask them about whether there would any issues regarding things like scrub radius, and they assured me that they've sold hundreds of TSTs and nobody has had a problem.

I plan on getting some myself so happy to report back to you!

Have a look at this page and the article on offsets... Landsharkoz - Home of the Porsche 928 In Australia - Tech Tips - 928 Wheels Tyres

If I had $5 for every time a wheel seller has said that the offsets would be fine to me I'd have another Tesla!

One major issue is that the negative effects won't necessarily be apparent on good roads at 60km/h, but very apparent on bumps, or when you are trying to correct in an emergency. When I bought my 928 all of 14 years ago it had aftermarket wheels with the wrong offset. They were Porsche specific, but for a 911, not a 928. At first I didn't notice it until driving on a bumpy road and then driving a stock one. The difference was astounding and within a few months I had bought new wheels....

Just checked the originals. They are ET 40, so these are 5mm different. Assuming they are the same width then they are quite close - my experience is that at 10mm the effect is more noticable. YMMV.

Last edited: