Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVnomics - Australian stocked accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, they do a bit :) By design, the battery compartment is enclosed by the silicone FobPocket, and since it's skin-tight, it provides a degree of protection. Obviously it's not recommending to put it through a washing machine, but if your shower is as crappy as the one in my hotel tonight, then I think it'll be safe enough :)

Hi Pete - I think David meant the actual Tesla key fob - which is why I said nope :D

But yes - put it in our Fob Pockets and they're much better!

But a plug in one actually is a really good idea. I suggested at one stage that the air con should be extended into the froot. Useful for perishable groceries for instance. I think Jaguar used to do it and may still be doing it, for all I know.
To get power down there would not be hard, actually. The fuse boxes are directly above the microwave. Lots of appropriate connectors available at boating electrical suppliers. One excellent brand is Bulgan. Installed correctly, they are correctly polarised every time. I have installed them on my boat in the past. The plug screws onto the socket so it cannot jar loose. This is, I think a DIY install.
Regarding the fridge, Waeco make them, but I wouldn't know if they would make one small enough!
Waeco 31L Compressor Fridge Freezer - Coolers | Harvey Norman Australia
I suppose I need to go get the tape measure out!

Last edited:
But a plug in one actually is a really good idea. I suggested at one stage that the air con should be extended into the froot. Useful for perishable groceries for instance. I think Jaguar used to do it and may still be doing it, for all I know.
To get power down there would not be hard, actually. The fuse boxes are directly above the microwave. Lots of appropriate connectors available at boating electrical suppliers. One excellent brand is Bulgan. Installed correctly, they are correctly polarised every time. I have installed them on my boat in the past. The plug screws onto the socket so it cannot jar loose. This is, I think a DIY install.
Regarding the fridge, Waeco make them, but I wouldn't know if they would make one small enough!
Waeco 31L Compressor Fridge Freezer - Coolers | Harvey Norman Australia
I suppose I need to go get the tape measure out!

That one doesn't fit unfortunately...too tall...

We regularly transport food on 3 hour trips in an unpowered esky that lives on the back seat and is subject to in car cabin temperatures. 2 ice containers in the esky are more than adequate and we've never had food spoil including things like milk. I don't think that it needs to be powered as its away from direct sunlight and only one surface is exposed to the ambient front boot temperature.

The biggest problem would be having to empty the front boot to remove the esky to access the contents.

Checked the Waeco website, and regrettably none of them, including the smallest, will fit, so scrap that idea. The space is otherwise unusable, which is probably why they make a custom bag for it in the States. Not sure if it is available in this market. Will ask.

Tim, here's an interesting thread about a home made useful add-on that would be a good commercial product. 6% range improvement someone says.

Isn't much of the appeal of the model S that it doesn't look like some weird hippie bug eyed test bed. The car looks damn nice (except when fitted with pizza dishes) and has a battery plenty large enough for your average driving. If you want 6% efficiency gain (and more) engage range mode and go softly softly on the accelerator pedal?

Isn't much of the appeal of the model S that it doesn't look like some weird hippie bug eyed test bed. The car looks damn nice (except when fitted with pizza dishes) and has a battery plenty large enough for your average driving. If you want 6% efficiency gain (and more) engage range mode and go softly softly on the accelerator pedal?

I think pizza pans are 'proof of concept' surely someone can come up with something more tasteful (as opposed to tasty)