Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evolution of the Model X 5-seater trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

and welcome aboard!!

The 5-seater MX definitely comes with the two level equalizing floor boards (enabling a flat load floor when the rear seat is folded).

I don't know if the board covering the "well" towards the back of the trunk is standard or not.

AFAIK, an "upper cover" (i.e. something to keep luggage covered from sight - like the rear shelf in the MS) is still something we have to keep dreaming about.

Mine, delivered last week, came with a single cover. Level with the cover for the front section and fold flat seats. There is no lower level cover nor any way to adapt as far as I can tell. The cover is flimsier that I expected. I believe it is rated for a maximum of 150 lb. I climbed in on it and it did not collapse, but it flexed a lot more than I expected. The front section (where the third row would be in a 7 seat) is shallower than the far back, but only a single position for that cover.

@TechVP :

Yes indeed - at the time we switched from S to X the "real" secondary load floor wasn't yet available, and as we had tested and tried our MS load floor (part no. 1005534-00-F) successfully, we ordered (and eventually got) one - at a whopping cost of 242.74 EUR plus taxes = 284 EUR (330 USD).

The fit is "good", not "perfect", as the Model S load floor is slightly curved at one end and the hole to be filled in a Model X is rectangular - but the real problem is seeing that the correct part costs only 120 USD/103 EUR.

If the US prices for the Model S part are similar, even used ones might be more expensive than getting the original Model X part from Tesla - and covering a suitable piece of plywood with black carpet will be THE most economical solution, of course......

Kind regards,

Krouebi

I am having a hard time visualizing where this fits. Is this a replacement for back well cover, forward well, or both?

Neither. It covers the deep well in the back to the level of the front portion of the lower level. It’s completely below the provided deck. Basically you end up with two levels of fully flat space. IMO, it should have been included, after all it was only $120.

It actually feels very substantial. Much more rugged than the upper deck.

Last edited:
Neither. It covers the deep well in the back to the level of the front portion of the lower level. It’s completely below the provided deck. Basically you end up with two levels of fully flat space. IMO, it should have been included, after all it was only $120.

It actually feels very substantial. Much more rugged than the upper deck.

OK. It definitely looks much more permanent and substantial than the provided deck.