Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evolution proceeds...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm the happy owner of a Chevy Volt as a daily driver. It was the gateway drug to the world of EV's.

Now, I'm happy to report that I have evolved and have ordered a Tesla Model 70D to replace the Volt after it's lease is over in August!

Deep blue paint
Pano roof
19" standard wheels
Tan next gen seats
Premium interior
Autopilot
Hi fidelity sound
Subzero package

Getting the NEMA 14-50 outlet installed next month.

Congrats alin3, I can relate to your story 100%.

We started out last year by jumping on a great lease deal for a Ford Focus Electric (less for the lease than my wife used in fuel each month). Tesla's recently unveiled CPO program accelerated me being able to get an EV for myself. I'm picking up my 2013 P85 tomorrow. I can't wait, I bet you can't either.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats alin3, I can relate to your story 100%.

We started out last year by jumping on a great lease deal for a Ford Focus Electric (less for the lease than my wife used in fuel each month). Tesla's recently unveiled CPO program accelerated me being able to get an EV for myself. I'm picking up my 2013 P85 tomorrow. I can't wait, I bet you can't either.

P.S. - Just noticed you're in the Chicago area too. Maybe we'll cross paths in the future. Where did you order it from?

I'm the happy owner of a Chevy Volt as a daily driver. It was the gateway drug to the world of EV's.

Now, I'm happy to report that I have evolved and have ordered a Tesla Model 70D to replace the Volt after it's lease is over in August!

Deep blue paint
Pano roof
19" standard wheels
Tan next gen seats
Premium interior
Autopilot
Hi fidelity sound
Subzero package

Awesome! I was in the same exact boat, Volt lease since 2012. It was indeed my gateway drug to EVs in general, and Model S in particular. I took delivery last Thursday, and let me tell you it is like nothing you'll experience in a Volt. Wow, what a machine. Get ready for an insanely fun summer and fall when it arrives!

Deep blue paint
Pano roof
19" standard wheels
Tan next gen seats
Premium interior
Autopilot
Hi fidelity sound
Subzero package

I am in the same situation. 70D ordered. Current lease ends in August. I do not know where to find the strength to make it to August.

I do not know where to find the strength to make it to August.

I hung out here- you learn a LOT. Much better than hitting refresh on browser looking at your MyTesla page. Read the "Tesla Moments" thread, and the various photo threads (intentionally not linked to help occupy your time). Think about what license plate you want, if you are doing custom plates.

I assure you, it will wildly exceed everything you think it will be once you get it.

I hung out here- you learn a LOT. Much better than hitting refresh on browser looking at your MyTesla page. Read the "Tesla Moments" thread, and the various photo threads (intentionally not linked to help occupy your time). Think about what license plate you want, if you are doing custom plates.

I assure you, it will wildly exceed everything you think it will be once you get it.

Thank you :)

I already read, what seems to be, the entire Tesla moments thread. I put in the Nema 14-50. I ordered a new license plate. It will say EVELO, which is the name of my company (I run a company that manufactures and sells electric bicycles so Tesla was a no brainer vehicle for me, a perfect match).

I feel like I am wearing down the refresh button looking at my tesla page :).

I also have an email saved in my DRAFTS folder asking my Tesla Rep to move my delivery forward, if possible (which would waste a couple of months worth of lease payments which is why it's still in DRAFTS).

Finally, I know that it will exceed my expectations which is only making it harder :).

Anyway, I appreciate the advice.

Deep blue paint
Pano roof
19" standard wheels
Tan next gen seats
Premium interior
Autopilot
Hi fidelity sound
Subzero package

Congratulations! I've been driving my 2011 Volt for 4 years/70k miles and ordered my MS this weekend too!

I had a loaner P85D on Saturday night to celebrate my birthday. Let me tell you that you really need more juice than the L2, if you had one, for your Volt. I was only charging the MS at 10 miles/hour this weekend. I would also encourage you to get a HPWC if you are considering dual chargers or if you have your charger/outlet outside your garage.