Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVPower

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, Tesla recommended EVPower to me for Charger installation. Anyone used them before?

According to EMSD, EVPower is a very new company so they are not sure.

Another problem is, their charger really look terrible, and they do not recommend to use Tesla's good looking High Power charger in HK. :crying: (We do have 3-phase supply in our estate though..)

I'm not electrician so not a clue. :confused:

Appreciate if anyone can share some experience.

Thanks!

So Kenneth lied about they'll have EV Power to install charging outlet at our estate for us? So reality is we have to ask EV Power ourselves and pay installation costs instead of Tesla having everything arranged?

So Kenneth lied about they'll have EV Power to install charging outlet at our estate for us? So reality is we have to ask EV Power ourselves and pay installation costs instead of Tesla having everything arranged?

It may not exactly be a lie, but things change quickly in Hong Kong, maybe EV Power backed out and do not want to cooperate with Tesla.

The reality is that getting charge stations installed in public car parks can be a nightmare. It depends on the management company / owners committee, and is often out of both Tesla and EVpower's control.

The reality is that getting charge stations installed in public car parks can be a nightmare. It depends on the management company / owners committee, and is often out of both Tesla and EVpower's control.

That is exactly why I expect Tesla will take care of the arrangements because I knew it is a nightmare to install in estate car parks and because I knew it is not easy to convince those management companies and owners committees. That is why I addressed this issue to Kenneth before I put down the reservation money. And since Kenneth said they'll take care of that part and told me it won't be a problem, I happily paid the $39,000. Without the ability to charge overnight every night, it will certainly affect my willingness to own the car.

That is exactly why I expect Tesla will take care of the arrangements because I knew it is a nightmare to install in estate car parks and because I knew it is not easy to convince those management companies and owners committees. That is why I addressed this issue to Kenneth before I put down the reservation money. And since Kenneth said they'll take care of that part and told me it won't be a problem, I happily paid the $39,000. Without the ability to charge overnight every night, it will certainly affect my willingness to own the car.

I'd say it is better to pull out then, and get your money back if that is your expectation. I can't see how Tesla can possibly be expected to install EV chargers, free of charge, in hundreds of estate car parks on behalf of their prospective owners. I don't see them doing that anywhere else in the world.

What they can (and do) is help refer owners to companies like EV power who can help. But, it is really down to the individual estates - and some are more supportive than others.

I'd say it is better to pull out then, and get your money back if that is your expectation. I can't see how Tesla can possibly be expected to install EV chargers, free of charge, in hundreds of estate car parks on behalf of their prospective owners. I don't see them doing that anywhere else in the world.

What they can (and do) is help refer owners to companies like EV power who can help. But, it is really down to the individual estates - and some are more supportive than others.

Damn, I was too young.

Thing is I already pressed confirm. I need to talk to them again to work out some solutions.

Last edited:

I never expect EVPower to install the charger in our estate at their cost. In fact it is not practical...imagine you plugged in at public space and you need to drive back to your own spot after a while?

I'm fighting with the Estate Owner's Assoc to get the charger installed in my own parking space. The Management is ok supportive, just everytime they need to face with some "C9" worried about the safety and what "jetso" they can get if vote supportive etc... such a pain.

The cost of installation and charger (EVPower's own product, similar output as Tesla High power) is about HK$50k.

I didn't mean they'd install 'at their cost'. I was happy to pay for the installation but what I wrongly believed was that Tesla would arrange the installation and negotiate with the estate owners committee for me, because that's what I was told.

Actually I also meant getting the charging outlet to be installed for my own parking space (spot). Obviously, there aren't any public space within the estate parking basements where they'd ever allow you to install anything, and as you said, it's just not practical and silly to plug in at a random public space and drive back to your own spot.

HK$50k...is that expensive or reasonable? I don't even know so I can't judge. I know Schneider Electric also does private EV charger installations. Needless to say, they're a giant multinational so maybe you can try them? I know they're partnering with BMW also to help install chargers for i3 owners. Do post here if you got any further news, thanks!

Perhaps the following is what is being proposed? Probably easiest to ask Kenneth for the introduction / to start the process, and then see what evpower can/will do. It seems to be to be pretty much what you are asking for, except evpower are making the promises, not Tesla.

Hong Kong EV Power Limited

Hong Kong EV Power has installed numerous EV Chargers within private housing complexs throughout Hong Kong in locations such as Mid-Hill, Happy Valley and Aberdeen. We are the first and only company to have been successful in providing homeowners with EV Charging Stations within their own housing complex. The solution that we discovered will allow the needed charging stations for electric vehicle owners to be extremely convenient. We will as well talk to the owner's comittee prior to installing, and dealing with any questions ask. As only the users will have to pay for the energy usage, it is fair for all tenants and a simple solution!