Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evs 26

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Global Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I recently spent a couple of days at the Electric Vehicle Symposium in LA. There were a lot of EVs in the show, and you could test drive many of them. I didn't have a lot of time but I did manage to drive a Fisker Karma and a VIA Truck. Here are some photos of the EVs.

IMG_2203.JPG

EV1 :love:

IMG_2175.JPG

Volkswagen E-Golf.

IMG_2177.JPG

Volkswagen E-Up! concept

IMG_2176.JPG

BMW Active E.

IMG_2184.JPG

Prototype electric truck

IMG_2187.JPG

Honda FCX Clarity hydrogen fuel cell

IMG_2188.JPG

Honda FIT EV

IMG_2192.JPG

Not sure what this is, but it's cool

IMG_2193.JPG

Electric bus

IMG_2198.JPG

OMG would anyone ever let themselves been seen in this?

IMG_2207.JPG

Infiniti LE Concept

IMG_2210.JPG

Coda, obviously

IMG_2215.JPG

Toyota Rav4 EV prototype - the real one was rolled out at the show

IMG_2220.JPG

Plug-in Prius

IMG_2226.JPG

This was some sort of demonstration vehicle... but cool

IMG_2234.JPG

Electric truck, one of many currently in use at LA port

IMG_2240.JPG

Ford Focus EV driving by

IMG_2247.JPG

Caught the BYD driving by - was going to try driving it but ran out of time

IMG_2273.JPG

BYD under the hood

IMG_2274.JPG

BYD battery pack in the floor - they claimed 60 kWh pack and 180 mile range. This was being promoted as a fleet vehicle, probably because the charger is off-board.

IMG_2252.JPG

Hydrogen everywhere!

IMG_2254.JPG

Qualcomm halo demonstration car

IMG_2269.JPG

Lotus Evora Hybrid

IMG_2275.JPG

One of the many Chinese vendors. I don't know what a "e-quadrimotorcycle" is, but they are cute (well maybe not as cute as the booth babe). Seats one front and one back. Note the rear view cameras.

IMG_2276.JPG

Enova electric van

IMG_2282.JPG

I'm driving the Fisker Karma

Oh, nearly forgot... Tesla brought Model S VIN 53 for a stationary display outside the venue. Had performance wheels and carbon fiber dash.

IMG_2291.JPG

IMG_2296.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 5950
One of the many Chinese vendors. I don't know what a "e-quadrimotorcycle" is, but they are cute (well maybe not as cute as the booth babe). Seats one front and one back. Note the rear view cameras.
World's first e-quadrimotorcycle? I think maybe not. The Tango is a quadrimotorcycle. (A "motorcycle" with four wheels and an enclosed cab. It seats two, front/back, like a motorcycle, rather than left/right like a roadster.) Commutercars is a micro company that has only built a few, but they delivered the first one to George Clooney over four years ago, maybe five. And, yes, it's electric, and does 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds. About the same price as a Tesla Roadster but significantly less range.

Are any of the Hydrogen vehicles going into production? Not that I am interested in them compared to the S but we do have a H2 filling station locally which seems like waste with very few vehicles to use it. I doubt too many people make their own fuel cell stack cars.

The hairdryer bubble car reminds me of something from a '70's sci-fi, strange

Many thanks, Doug! The EV line up is impressive. The hydrogen stuff not so.

I only showed you a fraction. There were several dozen cars of different varieties doing test drives, and many more in the exhibit hall.

Yes, there were a number of hydrogen vehicles, but if I recall correctly only a few different models. They are of course a total boondoggle, IMHO.

Umm, that's a car.....
No different from the thing in the picture they're calling a quadrimotorcycle. In the case of the Tango, the passenger sits behind the driver with his legs straddling the front seat. (There's no space for the passenger's legs between the seats.) The Tango is the width of a large motorcycle and it can drive and park anywhere the largest motorcycles can. It is effectively a motorcycle with 4 wheels and a cab. I don't remember if it has a steering wheel or handlebars.