Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV's are still not allowed to use HOV lanes in Washington, right?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checking.... but there's no way to get exempted into being able to use the HOV or express lanes or anything around the West side if you drive an EV, right? I'm not over on that side very often, but man the traffic is so bad when I'm over there I'm wishing so bad that my Tesla could get me into those lanes like it does down in CA...

Just checking.... but there's no way to get exempted into being able to use the HOV or express lanes or anything around the West side if you drive an EV, right? I'm not over on that side very often, but man the traffic is so bad when I'm over there I'm wishing so bad that my Tesla could get me into those lanes like it does down in CA...
Do you have the proper sticker(s?) for using the CA car pool lanes?

Same here. When I drove to San Diego and back last year, I was constantly in the California car pool lanes. And no CA or WA carpool sticker for me. I also figured that I would have been a very low priority for a CHP working the lanes. I especially liked to jump in right behind another Tesla with the sticker.

You can pay to use the express lanes on 405 with good to go. Realistically though the carpool lanes are only slightly faster than general lanes. Maybe saves 5 minutes?
I-405 From Bellevue to I-5 at the north end has a pay-option, southern section does not. You must be a 2+ HOV to drive the HOV lane in that southern section between I-5 near SeaTac and Bellevue, except I think after 7pm.

For the northern section HOV limits (free use of Express lanes) are a G2G flexpass, 3+ during peak hours and 2+ for other hours. Free to all usage is 7pm-5am weekdays and all weekends (no pass needed).