TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

EV's at Kennedy Space Center but no charge stations for the public!

Discussion in 'Florida' started by NigelM, Apr 26, 2012.

1. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

So Kennedy has been investing in EV's since 2009, and I read a few weeks ago in one of the local papers (can't find that link now) that almost all their ground fleet is electric now. Here's what they released in 2009:

I was thinking about driving over for the SpaceX launch so I wrote Nasa a mail asking about charging facilities....here's their reply:

:rolleyes:

2. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I think I would write back and include that exact article with the pertainent sections highlighted and ask if it would be possible to use one of the chargers for the 33 EVs they have on site and consider adding an area for public charging to show their general support for alternative fuel vehicles.

3. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Hi Nigel,

That's very disappointing.

Mary Ellen and I have booked a hotel at Cocoa Beach the day before the launch so we can watch the launch in the morning on May 7th.

If you plan to take your ICE vehicle anyway maybe we can arrange to meet.

Larry

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I'll second EVan on this.

The point they are trying to make is we should go electric and they are showing the way (with all the reasons they cite) Having the public coming in and seeing the KSC using EVs is a great step. Having that same public seeing other members of the public using EVs is arguably even more powerful.

By the way. You have a name. Bruce Chesson Try to find him and have the conversation.

5. Shurhold

Shurhold Model S - P#15,582

Really sad I can not drive to the second home of SPACE X in my new TESLA. To far to make it home on 1 charge.

6. Shurhold

Shurhold Model S - P#15,582

Anyone got any idea of a place I can charge up near the center and hitch a ride to the attractions while I'm charging. Otherwise I will be forced to drive an ICE there.

7. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

Check the local RV campgrounds there - I bet there are alot. Arn't the RV electric hookups a 14-50?