Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVs buyers after August 16th to before December 31st are qualified Tax Credit?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, i saw this on couple sources plz tell me its true , thanks guys :

Democratic President Joe Biden, who has made the adoption of green cars one of his priorities, included tax credits in the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), signed last August, to encourage consumers to choose an electric vehicle when buying their future car.

"If you purchase and take possession of a qualifying electric vehicle after August 16, 2022 and before January 1, 2023, aside from the final assembly requirement, the rules in effect before the enactment of the Inflation Reduction Act for the EV credit apply (including those involving the manufacturing caps on vehicles sold)," the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) said.

Guys, i saw this on couple sources plz tell me its true , thanks guys :

Democratic President Joe Biden, who has made the adoption of green cars one of his priorities, included tax credits in the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), signed last August, to encourage consumers to choose an electric vehicle when buying their future car.

"If you purchase and take possession of a qualifying electric vehicle after August 16, 2022 and before January 1, 2023, aside from the final assembly requirement, the rules in effect before the enactment of the Inflation Reduction Act for the EV credit apply (including those involving the manufacturing caps on vehicles sold)," the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) said.
What exactly are you wanting to be true? if you take delivery of a EV between those dates, the rules before august 16th apply - i.e. TESLA not eligible for tax credits as they have sold too many units.

Reactions: Senpai