Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVs help alleviate traffic congestion??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the way to work this morning I was thinking how because of savings on fuel, I didn't mind taking the longer route through Tai Po Road (through Kam Shan country park) instead of taking Eagles Nest or Shing Mun Tunnel. Sometimes going to Kowloon Tong I would also take that instead of using Lions Rock Tunnel. Do other EV drivers do this? Take longer routes since you don't pay for fuel (for now)? Wouldn't this help alleviate traffic at the tunnels, debunking the statement that EVs in HK contribute to traffic jams?

I think the vehicle's propulsion system is secondary in answering this question. If every car or most cars are connected and guided by some form of autonomous driving system.

In certain cities, I think a rudimentary system is the intelligent red light navigation by Audi (a built-in system in your car telling you how fast you should be driving so to pace your travel to avoid all the red lights). In theory, this should help with the traffic flow / congestion.