Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVs in the 2012 Presidential Debates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• charlie-sheen-winning-tshirt.jpg
    charlie-sheen-winning-tshirt.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 272
I heard a caller today on the Ed Schultz radio show talking about Tesla in the context of Romney's debate remarks. The caller mentioned he owned a Tesla roadster and is getting a Model S too. He made some really good points, and Ed let him talk for quite a while. I wonder if he's a TMC member (if you read this, great call!)

Ed Schultz has been a big advocate for the middle class in his radio and TV show and always talks about how Obama saved the auto industry. I wasn't sure what he would think of Tesla. But he said at the end of the conversation "American competition is good for the entire industry".

Do you know where in the show the call is? I couldn't find a way to fast-forward and gave up after 30 min. Or is there a way to download the mp3 file for the show? Thanks.

Oh, it was ten minutes or so before 10am Bay Area time so that must have been the first hour, just before the one hour mark, from what I can remember.

----update

Actually, I clicked the link and it starts at 0:50:10. The caller is introduced as Rob from Portland.

Do we know a Rob from Portland on TMC?

Last edited:
Just watched The Daily Show from Thursday night (10/25) and he does his usual masterful job of destroying Romney's claim about Obama picking "winners and losers (mostly losers)". He pulls out some quotes from Romney's stump speech mentioning Solyndra and Tesla. I wish he had shown how cool Tesla's technology is, but it's nice to see Stewart tearing this whole issue apart.

Just watched The Daily Show from Thursday night (10/25) and he does his usual masterful job of destroying Romney's claim about Obama picking "winners and losers (mostly losers)". He pulls out some quotes from Romney's stump speech mentioning Solyndra and Tesla. I wish he had shown how cool Tesla's technology is, but it's nice to see Stewart tearing this whole issue apart.

Ha. Beat me to it. I agree that they did their usual fantastic job of deconstructing the political BS. I liked the pie chart showing that only 8% of the $90 billion for green energy actually failed. Then masterfully showed that Bain Capitol had a worse track record.

I too would have loved for them to focus on the success that Tesla has shown too.

Watching the Romney speech on Fox right now between cases. Bunch of surgeons glued to the tube. Lot's of republicans in the room, myself included. Just heard Romney juxtapose Tesla with Solyndra again. I guess not everyone can get their facts straight. I'm sure Tesla's big sigh of relief will be when everything is repaid. Still waiting patiently for my opportunity to finalize....grrr.

Last edited:
Throwing Tesla in with Solyndra the first time may have been an oversight. There are enough people in a campaign that surely heard the minor blow-back about lumping Tesla in with them but they don't care it seems.