Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVs in the 2012 Presidential Debates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No he does not. He wants to drill on federal land to create jobs. He wants to become energy independent, but do it by mining our own backyard (including Alaska). Like it or not, when gas prices drop, it's bad for Tesla imo.

It's impossible to drill enough here in the US to become energy independent since oil is an international market. If you nationalized all the oil fields, kept all the oil and refined it here maybe but that will never happen and we shouldn't do it anyway. That would be a short term solution anyway.

It's impossible to drill enough here in the US to become energy independent since oil is an international market. If you nationalized all the oil fields, kept all the oil and defined it here maybe but that will never happen and we shouldn't do it anyway.

Exactly we should keep our oil. And then when everyone else starts to run out we can still make plastics!

It's impossible to drill enough here in the US to become energy independent since oil is an international market. If you nationalized all the oil fields, kept all the oil and refined it here maybe but that will never happen and we shouldn't do it anyway. That would be a short term solution anyway.

Yeah, but drilling our federal land makes JOBS and Tesla... uh.... makes... uh... cars?

Note to Romney: Tesla is not Solyndra - GigaOm - Cleantech News and Analysis

Romney lumped Tesla in with Solyndra, Fisker Automotive and Ener1 as examples of misplaced spending. It’s true that Solyndra and Ener1 went bankrupt, and Fisker Automotive has clearly been struggling. But Tesla in general has been a success story of the stimulus package, and is producing a widely praised electric car in Fremont, Calif, at the rate of 100 vehicles a week (for the last week of September).

I like pizza but I think we should all switch to tacos next debate.

And here is my proof.
2012-10-03-124.jpg

I disagree that this (lower gas prices) will hurt Tesla...the joy of this vehicle (for many), is driving electric...the green aspect is a close second...:wink:

No he does not. He wants to drill on federal land to create jobs. He wants to become energy independent, but do it by mining our own backyard (including Alaska). Like it or not, when gas prices drop, it's bad for Tesla imo.

I think its wise to have the actual words quoted for reference:
ROMNEY: But, you know, if we get that tax rate from 35 percent down to 25 percent, why that $2.8 billion is on the table. Of course it’s on the table. That’s probably not going to survive you get that rate down to 25 percent.

But don’t forget, you put $90 billion, like 50 years’ worth of breaks, into -- into solar and wind, to Solyndra and Fisker and Tester and Ener1. I mean, I had a friend who said you don’t just pick the winners and losers, you pick the losers, all right? So this -- this is not -- this is not the kind of policy you want to have if you want to get America energy secure.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/decision2012/2012-presidential-debate-president-obama-and-mitt-romneys-remarks-in-denver-on-oct-3-running-transcript/2012/10/03/24d6eb6e-0d91-11e2-bd1a-b868e65d57eb_story_4.html

(non US forum members, please ignore this).

As we all know, politicians are really not intelligent creatures. Now, they may have insight into meetings, and Robert's rules, and - occasionally - you will find an area of interest that they actually DO have some level of training and/or background and can hold a genuinely intelligent conversation regarding such topics.

So, it should be taken with a grain of salt that Romney (or Obie) neither took the time to research the current ongoings in Fremont, Ca nor do they have any flipping clue of what the small faction of niche auto/tech consumers we are - are involved in

(bad run-on sentence - sorry)

Nonetheless, these two "dudes" want votes, and will say what they think the public wants to hear to get them. End of story. Bottom Line (cliche generator switched off).

Regards
WJ

(non US forum members, please ignore this).

As we all know, politicians are really not intelligent creatures. Now, they may have insight into meetings, and Robert's rules, and - occasionally - you will find an area of interest that they actually DO have some level of training and/or background and can hold a genuinely intelligent conversation regarding such topics.

So, it should be taken with a grain of salt that Romney (or Obie) neither took the time to research the current ongoings in Fremont, Ca nor do they have any flipping clue of what the small faction of niche auto/tech consumers we are - are involved in

(bad run-on sentence - sorry)

Nonetheless, these two "dudes" want votes, and will say what they think the public wants to hear to get them. End of story. Bottom Line (cliche generator switched off).

Regards
WJ

So maybe they shouldn't say **** they know nothing (or almost nothing) about. This goes for all public figures.