TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

EVs in the 2012 Presidential Debates

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by ElSupreme, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Jhall118

Jhall118 Member

No he does not. He wants to drill on federal land to create jobs. He wants to become energy independent, but do it by mining our own backyard (including Alaska). Like it or not, when gas prices drop, it's bad for Tesla imo.

2. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

Yeah, couldn't believe he lumped Tesla in with Solyndra. He definitely has no use for clean energy and is in bed with big oil and coal. Boooo!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

I am concerned, Romney came off very well, even though I disagree with his core positions. I think this debate is really going to help him and hurt Obama.

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

It's impossible to drill enough here in the US to become energy independent since oil is an international market. If you nationalized all the oil fields, kept all the oil and refined it here maybe but that will never happen and we shouldn't do it anyway. That would be a short term solution anyway.

5. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

Don't you worry, all of us blue states will take care of that problem :) we could use the help of a few pink states too.

6. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Exactly we should keep our oil. And then when everyone else starts to run out we can still make plastics!

7. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Wow WTF I was eating pizza, too. :smile:

8. Jhall118

Jhall118 Member

Yeah, but drilling our federal land makes JOBS and Tesla... uh.... makes... uh... cars?

9. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Note to Romney: Tesla is not Solyndra - GigaOm - Cleantech News and Analysis

10. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I like pizza but I think we should all switch to tacos next debate.

And here is my proof.
    2012-10-03-124.jpg

11. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

I disagree that this (lower gas prices) will hurt Tesla...the joy of this vehicle (for many), is driving electric...the green aspect is a close second...:wink:

12. Bearman

Bearman Member

I think its wise to have the actual words quoted for reference:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/decision2012/2012-presidential-debate-president-obama-and-mitt-romneys-remarks-in-denver-on-oct-3-running-transcript/2012/10/03/24d6eb6e-0d91-11e2-bd1a-b868e65d57eb_story_4.html

13. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Same here, but I bet no one was eating it on naan bread. Wife special recipe!

Anyway, Romney is a good debater it seems and did seem to hold his own. But at the end of day will only speak for the rich and is very anti-environment as he does it "Romney style"

Mitt Romney Style (Gangnam Style Parody) - CollegeHumor Video

14. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

(non US forum members, please ignore this).

As we all know, politicians are really not intelligent creatures. Now, they may have insight into meetings, and Robert's rules, and - occasionally - you will find an area of interest that they actually DO have some level of training and/or background and can hold a genuinely intelligent conversation regarding such topics.

So, it should be taken with a grain of salt that Romney (or Obie) neither took the time to research the current ongoings in Fremont, Ca nor do they have any flipping clue of what the small faction of niche auto/tech consumers we are - are involved in

(bad run-on sentence - sorry)

Nonetheless, these two "dudes" want votes, and will say what they think the public wants to hear to get them. End of story. Bottom Line (cliche generator switched off).

Regards
    WJ

15. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Wheew!...

I thought he said Tesla

We are off the hook...

16. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

So maybe they shouldn't say **** they know nothing (or almost nothing) about. This goes for all public figures.

17. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

18. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

++1 !!!

19. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

that is hilarious! should be required viewing for all voters :) favorite lines: "hey wealthy ladies", "ok wipe my but now" (pictured not said), slapping the "%47 sign" on the waiter, the hoisting of the "bain capital" sign on the old barn, priceless.

20. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I didn't watch the debate, but... I did have pizza on naan.