Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor EVS Motors is an Authorized Blackvue/Dash Cam Installer in Texas!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished up a Model X with Blackvue DR900S-2CH.
DSC01686.JPG
DSC01689.JPG

With the recent update from Tesla, clients have been asking me, "is it worth getting an aftermarket dash cam when I can use the one inside the car now?"

I love the fact Tesla has given drivers this incredible new feature, but like all new features, there's some major improvements needed. One being the fact that there's no rear camera. This is super important for any rear impact collisions or if a vandal approaches the car from the rear. Another major one is that the fact that it doesn't record when your car is off.

I highly recommend using the Tesla camera in ADDITION to a competent aftermarket dash cam that's a 2 channel system. Better to be safe than sorry. The best part is that you can always carry the aftermarket dash cam system to another car down the road.

Here's a S getting the latest Blackvue dash cam installed, front and rear.
DSC02358.JPG
DSC02359.JPG

I'm getting the enhanced security module installed. Will that interfere with your installation of the 750S-2ch? Will I need to get you to modify the install to continue it's power connection?

It doesn't look like it would interfere, but we currently don't know for sure yet. So far, our clients have either not purchased the module, or have not expressed any comments/concerns for us to know 100%. But if it ends up needing to be modified, let us know and we'll see how we can help.