TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EVWheelsDirect has anyone bought from them yet

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Austindude, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Austindude

Austindude Member

So I went and looked at the 18" turbine wheels that are on their site. They look good but it seems they are only taking preorders. I noticed however they do not have a phone number or address on their webpage? As far as the wheels they are spec'ing 28 lbs per wheel, can this be right? Has anyone done business with these guys or know about their wheels?

2. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

I would proceed with caution. T Sportline has some nice wheels.

3. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Member

Why to proceed with caution? Just because he may like TSTs better or because there is an issue with EVWheels?

4. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

No known concerns, but there are so many start ups, When you cannot email direct or call, I always proceed with caution.

5. eSpiritIV

eSpiritIV Member

why not ask Teslanomics? He is obviously a sponsor now and may know details as he has the 20" wheels now. When does the Preorder ship? No phone number and email is actually against most state CCB rules. Contact info must be present including companies real name they are doing business under.

• Like x 2
  6. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Several people have EVT wheels and are happy with them. @Kenriko is one of them.

• Like x 1
  7. Austindude

Austindude Member

Since it is a preorder and I will need to pay upfront with no definite delivery time it makes me a little nervous that there isn't a phone number or physical address listed (or I somehow missed seeing it). It would be great however if someone on this forum that has dealt with this company would weigh in on their experience.

8. oneshortguy

oneshortguy Member

+1 on this.

28 lbs per wheel is very heavy for 18". T Sportline went with a flow forged route to shave off more weight to at least match 18" aeros.

• Like x 1
  9. theShingles

theShingles New Member

That's super odd since their 19" weighs 28lbs. I wonder if they had a typo or don't have the exact info for their 18" yet. It looks like the 18" was just added to the site.

10. pkalhan

pkalhan Member

I was wondering this too. Their price is very nice and the wheels look good but the weight gives me pause. There are people who have purchased from them and are very happy with the end result. For me, if the weight for the 18s really is 28lbz, then is it worth it to pay the extra money and get the light Tsportline wheels or save the money and get the heavy wheels which will obviously impact range.

11. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

I'm waiting for more data because I really like the 20 turbines. I wish TST had 20s that were lightweight and the same silver turbine design... but alas they don't (yet).

12. vesder21

vesder21 Member

i ordered for my model s almost 2 months ago. wanted the matte black so they are still backordered. will report back when i receive.

• Like x 1
  13. Austindude

Austindude Member

I ordered the 18" EV wheels, hopefully they show up by the end of June.

14. dame3780

dame3780 Member

@Austindude So what happened with your order? I am looking into them as well and not getting a good vibe from them. They reported that they are backordered on the wheels I want but delivery will be in April or May. April is halfway over. I'm speculating they don't even know.

15. Austindude

Austindude Member

Oh yeah well I got them a good while back and I like the way they look. I will add that they are heavier than the stock 18" wheels from Tesla but that sort of thing doesn't bother me as much as it does others. I can't tell any difference in acceleration or range. Anyway I'm happy with mine.

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1
  16. dame3780

dame3780 Member