Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVWheelsDirect vs TSportLine 20"

Which brand would you go with?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan to order 20" gloss black turbines from either EVWheelsDirect or TSportLine. This is for my White Model X.

I'm torn between which company to go with. If money is no concern, it's a no brainer- go with the TSportLine since they have been around and have a good track record. But they are almost double the price! ($1300 vs $2500).

One notable difference is that TSportLine offers a 9" front and 10" rear wheel but it seems that EVWheels are 8.5" front and rear. While I like the idea of rotating the wheels, how do the OEM tires fit on a 8.5" wheel? I assume the 275/45 will not be usable so I'll likely be buying 2 or more tires with the EVWheels.

Thanks!

I just sent the following questions to EVWheelsDirect:
  1. When will they ship?
  2. What is the shipping cost?
  3. What is the weight of the wheel?
  4. What is the width of the wheel?
  5. What is the load rating?
  6. My X came with Fronts 265/45/20 and Rears 275/45/20, your webpage recommends the 265/45 for your wheels, can I use my wider rears on your wheels?

@ahkim, I use 20" TST as my Winter beaters on my '16 P90DL.

I run their 22" MX117 in Matte Black the rest the year. Yes I'm a fan of theirs for 5+ years.

But all cards on the table (being a car guy), I would NEVER install a 265/45-20 factory front tire or a 275/45-20 rear tire on a 8.5" width wheel, a bit too narrow for me (and for sure bubbly looking in the rear).

I think @Tsportline addresses all your questions above on their Model X Tire & Wheel Guide, and isn't it nice when you can call someone on the phone and someone picks up.

i used to be that guy who sought the lowest price. Then I learned the hidden value of piece of mind. What you’re rolling on is the difference between life and death for the precious cargo you’re carrying. Not disparaging the other company cause don’t know them but I know that TSportline meets or beats Tesla quality!

Also, when the other company gives you an ETA, indeed it’s an estimate. What happens when they miss their date? Is there a price reduction? With TSportLine you’re dealing with honesty. Again, don’t know the other guys to say differently.

I agree with yearofthedragon. You get what you pay for.

You guys are probably right but the final factor that swayed me to TSportLine are the wheel widths. For the factory tires, 8.5" seemed a bit narrow, especially for the rears.

Totally agree. I wish the others were wider.

I just want a 20” light weight forged wheel that looks like the 22” turbine offered in multiple color options. OR a 22” turbine that’s forged and lighter than the stock 20” slipstreams.

The OEM Chevy Volt wheels (Gen 1) were forged and amazingly light weight. Definitely lost range when I swapped to a different wheel.