Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exact cost and financing info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went through Tesla financing got 2.99 for 72 months. I didn't like the rate, and shopped around. The lowest I could find in SoCal was 2.3 for 72 months or 1.89 for 36 months with California Credit Union. If anyone else finds a better deal, please let us know. Thanks!

I found 1.99% for 66 months from SD Metro Credit Union, but it's only for those in San Diego with a few exceptions.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr
For those newcomers who are curious about the numbers, I have my financing arranged and I wanted to share the exact cost for me;

Car cost $56,000 (long range, PUP, AAP, white color, standard wheels).

$1,000 deposit paid 3-31-16
$2,500 order payment paid 2-22-18 when the car was configured
$6,710 required at signing/delivery
$771 payment for 72 months at 3.24% interest

Not cheap for sure. But, the roughly $10k I have cumulatively put down is in line with my exhortations as is the monthly payment. The only real surprise wad my insurance. I have American Family and I was assured $134 per month. That is, far and away, the highest I will have ever paid, and I have a good driving record, 4 cars insured with them, as well as two houses and my business insured with them. So, I have multi-policy discount. That being said, this car is twice the cost of my previous car and only 45% higher insurance. So, I guess it is not terrible.

Matt
For the payment, what was, if any, requirements? Did they accept personal checks with no name, cashier check, credit?

I got 72 months at 2.58% from Delta Community Credit Union in February but they are running a loan special now during the month of April so rates are lower (1.98% up to 60 months and 2.48% for 72 months, 2.98% for 84 months). This is for new OR used cars. I just refinanced another car with them from another bank and was able to reduce the remaining term with the same payment.

You can get $50 for joining through a referral link, details in a post in another thread: Let's talk financing rates

Regarding insurance, I just got my renewal and looked at my rate for the 3 and it was $259 for 6 months, a little lower than the rate for our S and X. I was pleasantly surprised.