Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exagon Furtive e-GT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, this 2+2 larger car, with same range battery, and weight of two motors will go 0-60 in less time than the Roadster. How do they do that? Oh, right, this is a concept.

Having two motors probably helps, and the range extender probably wasn't included for that time.

It is a good looking vehicle, and it has good performance numbers, I'd certainly take it over any ICE age relic. The price may be an issue though. It is good to have more EVs on the market either way though.

Exagon Motors Furtive-eGT - (about 223 miles/360 km range pure electric)

The Exagon Furtive-eGT is a four-seat electric sports car produced by Exagon Motors. It was unveiled at the 2010 Paris Motor Show as a concept.[SUP][1][/SUP] A slightly amended pre-production version was launched at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2013.[SUP][2][/SUP]
The Furtive-eGT has two electric water-cooled motors each of them developing 148 kW, producing a power of 402 hp from 5,000 to 10,000 rpm with a torque of 516 Nm from 0 to 5,000 rpm. The top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h (155 mph) and delivers an acceleration of 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.5 seconds. The lithium-ion battery has 53 kWh capacity providing a claimed range of 360 kilometers (223 miles) in the city, without memory effect and highly recyclable and a minimum capacity after 3,000 cycles (approximately 10 years of use) of over 80%.

from Exagon Furtive-eGT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The car has a top speed of 250km/h and the electric motors are energised by a hefty 53kWh lithium-ion battery, It has a range of around 300km but Exagon will option a small range-extender engine to charge the batteries on the run, which gives the car a theoretical 730km range.

Vehicles will be built on a made-to-order basis and each will be unique, says Luc Marchetti, founder of Exagon Motors. "Every Furtive-eGT made so far has been created specially for its owner, and leading designers have penned each one according to the individual's interpretation."
http://www.motoring.com.au/news/exagon-furtive-egt-supercar-44674(Australian article)

no word on pricing but if your UK you can see it from 17-19 July 2014 at the Hurlingham Club, in London

Exagon Motors | Furtive eGT

looks like a great car to me and looks like range extender is a option as well, also i don't know how much money exagon has but it would be good if they included tesla supercharged access as well.

It's always great to see another EV come to market, but I wonder how many of these have actually been produced and what the price is. I assume very few made so far and pricing is in the stratosphere. So this car is not going to significantly advance EV mass market acceptance, and it's user interface looks rather "old school" compared to the Model as 17" touchscreen. It has a decent range but requires a "range extender" ICE for long distance touring. No mention I can see of any DC fast charging capability. The Tesla SC network negates the need for any 20th century propulsion technology in the Model S. So Tesla seems well ahead of Exagon.

This thread was started in September 2010. It is now nearly four years later. How many cars is Exagon selling now? My guess is just a handful given the price. I wish them luck but it doesn't seem like a business model that can survive long term.

According to the poster, it did the course 2 seconds faster than the McLaren MP4-12C (he rode in it as well), though the McLaren seemed faster because of all the drama.

Does this mean they created an electric car that doesn't cut the power from battery pack when track racing and a greater top speed than the model S?
If that's the case I'd be interested to know if their were trade offs. Otherwise why can't tesla do this in their future models.

Does this mean they created an electric car that doesn't cut the power from battery pack when track racing and a greater top speed than the model S?
If that's the case I'd be interested to know if their were trade offs. Otherwise why can't tesla do this in their future models.

This maybe?
I remember that I read somewhere that the price of the Furtive e-GT was something like 400.000 euros. But I could be wrong.

Exagon Furtive-eGT – Sports Grand Tourer with Electric Drive - ATZ online

Electric Motor Technology in a High-performance Application - ATZ online
16320_1.jpg