Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excellent post delivery inspection and service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dolfs

Supporting Member
Figured I'd report something positive. MY LR AWD Blue/Black/20"/5 seats.

Delivery last Sunday 3/21. Did an inspection visit on 3/24 to report some issues (not enough to refuse). Scheduled visit to handle it today (3/29). Issues were:
  • Minor scratch left front fender
  • Missing black plastic bolts in wheel wells (at least one in each well)
  • Discolored black window trim on driver side window bottom
  • Left rear passenger rocker panel stick out slightly where right side is not
  • -- The rest of the car, as far as I am concerned, was near flawless
Dropped car of 10AM with prompt and good service. Received Uber vouchers but decided to get some exercise and walked 2.2 mi home. Car ready 3PM. Had the wife drop my off 4:15, and was out of the lot 4:20. Everything except the rocker panel was fixed (I actually did not re-check the wheel wells, but the report said my complaint was verified and all four wheels had been taken off and issue fixed). Rocker panel had been inspected up close and it was determined a new panel would not change things (they had ordered one) and declared it in spec. It was a very minor nit and I am ok with it.

Overall, so far, I have to say I've had very positive service experiences here in Palo Alto (and Cost Mesa, see other post), which I had not expected based on reading the forums.