Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excellent service - Bristol SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Glan gluaisne

Sep 11, 2019
UK
It seems a bit rare to be complimentary, but I'd just like to say how really impressed I was with the service from the Bristol SC today.

There were some minor paint defects on my car when I collected it, a small chip down to what looked like bare metal on the driver's door pillar and a series of fairly deep scuff marks under the driver's side rear bumper. Took the car in a bit early, appointment was for 13:30, I arrived just before 13:00, and was told that the technician wouldn't be available until 13:30, so I'd probably have a bit of a wait. No problem, I'd brought a book with me to read, so I settled down, expecting to be there for a couple of hours or so.

Around 45 minutes later I was told my car was ready, walked out, took a look at it, and you would never know there had ever been any paint damage at all. How on earth they fixed it in ~45 minutes is beyond me, but I would very much like to know the secret, especially when dealing with the deep paint chip.

I gave the car a good clean and polish when I got home, and there is absolutely no sign of it ever having been touched up at all. It's black, too, a colour that in my experience is very prone to showing up any blemish in the paint.

So, in case any of the Bristol SC staff read this, thanks again, very impressed with the whole experience, as well as the quality of the repair.

They must of just changed the whole door to be in and out in 45mins.

Nice thought, but the chip was in the pillar right in front of the driver's door, right on the very edge, and down to either the grey primer, or, more likely I suspect, the grey looking coated steel that the pillar is made from.

Quite how they built up the depth of paint in that deep chip, hardened it off and then polished it back I really don't know. I watched one of the mobile chip repair chaps doing this a couple of years ago, and he was using a two pack paint, plus an array of timed IR lights to warm up the repair area, and took maybe three or four goes to build the paint up to the right thickness before flatting it back, clear coating it and machine polishing it. Took around 2 hours or so to do, at a guess.

What I'd really like to know is how this is done, and whether or not there is a way to repair stone chips, as a DIY proposition, using the same sort of technique. Be really useful to know just how they managed to do this.

It seems a bit rare to be complimentary, but I'd just like to say how really impressed I was with the service from the Bristol SC today.

I'd like to second this. We had a great service experience this weekend and the staff at Bristol SC have really restored my faith in Tesla customer service.

Also, I think we may have met there... were you the nice gentleman that told us about the key fob? :) I wish we'd got one sooner (Tesla should include this with the car) and the USB thread was a great idea, thanks.

I'd like to second this. We had a great service experience this weekend and the staff at Bristol SC have really restored my faith in Tesla customer service.

Also, I think we may have met there... were you the nice gentleman that told us about the key fob? :) I wish we'd got one sooner (Tesla should include this with the car) and the USB thread was a great idea, thanks.

Really nice to have met you!

Glad you like the key fob, in my view the car should have come with one, as I've found it much more user-friendly than either the card or the 'phone app.

How on earth they fixed it in ~45 minutes is beyond me, but I would very much like to know the secret, especially when dealing with the deep paint chip.

I gave the car a good clean and polish when I got home, and there is absolutely no sign of it ever having been touched up at all. It's black, too, a colour that in my experience is very prone to showing up any blemish in the paint.

So they painted the car and you drove straight home to wash and polish it because thats what you do after fresh paint has been applied right???

I've got to go there on the 14th for an airbag recall on the Model S that has not been done yet.

Also, my back left parking brake is sticking off permanently plus really slow charging times (S85 118k miles Nov 2014) good to hear they are a decent service center. Just hope it will be finished before valentines dinner

I've got to go there on the 14th for an airbag recall on the Model S that has not been done yet.

Also, my back left parking brake is sticking off permanently plus really slow charging times (S85 118k miles Nov 2014) good to hear they are a decent service center. Just hope it will be finished before valentines dinner

It's interesting to read the exploits of those Tesla owners who have more than 100,000 miles under there belts. Many of us are young upstarts in the world of Tesla ownership. Maybe a thread specifically on UK high milers (high milers not mile highers) would be justified?

Does anyone have an email address for the Bristol SC?

I have an appointment booked for the 01/05, but I'd like to send them the photos in an email as well so there is a record of them outside of the app, which is being very flakey with me at the moment.