Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excellent Service from Costa Mesa, CA, service center (12,500 mile service)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to share my positive experience with the Costa Mesa, CA service center. I took my car in for its first annual/12,500 mile recommended service, and since it has been some time since I've had such a smooth experience when getting a check-up on my car, I felt obligated to share.

I purchased my 70D brand new last October, and the car had about 15.5k miles when I dropped it off at the service center for the annual service.

Timeline of events:
  • Called them in July to schedule the appointment. They were booked for about 4 weeks. No problem, not a big deal, made an appointment for mid-August
  • Day of appointment, I'm about 20 mins early but they get me checked in and the process started. I'm out of there about 40 minutes after my appointment
  • They gave me another tesla loaner, which I was happy about. I was fearful I'd have to drive an ICE, perhaps the Mercedes Benz that was parked right out front which I originally thought was my loaner.
  • Very next day around 12PM I get notified by my service advisor, Jonathan, that my car is ready. Fast service!
  • I drive down on my lunch break and pick up my car. They've cleaned both the inside and outside of the car for me, and I'm informed everything looks good, and that they'll follow up with me for an anti corrosion kit they need to apply to some interior part of my car (I had pointed out some orange spots coming out the front of the car when I dropped it off initially and they took a look at it and diagnosed it as needing some anti corrosion coating)
Driving the loaner also made me appreciate my own car even more. They gave me a regular "85", non-AP car, low VIN in the 11,000 range, so I'm guessing it was one of the earlier 2012 models perhaps? Compared to my 2015 model, the quality felt like night and day. Everything in the loaner felt clunky. Turn signals, windshield wiper lever, seat adjustments...everything I did seemed much more "clunky" than my car. Of course, it's possible it was just this car, and also possible it was just my own bias or familiarity with my own car that anything else would have felt worse, but just my $0.02.

Also, if I didn't know the specs on paper, I would have said that the 85 felt faster than my 70D! Though I suppose I'll have to chalk it up to the difference in the "push" vs. "launch" feeling of flooring it in a RWD car vs AWD.

This is good to know. Costa Mesa is my service center as well. I haven't had to take the car in yet, but will in a few months. They did have to replace the 12v battery, but they sent a tech to my home to do it. He was based in Costa Mesa too. So far I'm impressed with Tesla service.

anyone coming here be forewarned - it took me 2.5 HOURS (yes hours) just to drop my car off and get a service loaner (which ended up being an enterprise tesla S with no TACC or EAP just regular cruise control and at half charge battery). Luckily I had my day off but what a waste of time. They didn't even apologize they said they're just that busy over here - I usually go to buena park and can leave iwth a loaner in 10 minutes. He said 2 new service centers are coming to OC - looks like not soon enough. *whew*

• Informative
Reactions: Dukeybootie