Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excellent Tesla service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see posts on here from folks who have had bad experiences with Tesla service. I understand that it happens, but I have an alternate story to tell.

I've had my 2018 X P100D in for service four times at the Tampa service center. First was when the car was bricked by a bad 12v battery (they paid to have it towed 60 miles), second was for leaky FWD seals, third for a faulty hitch receiver and the fourth was this week for an issue with the join between the front bumper and the right front fender. Granted, these were relatively minor issues but all four required at least one part replacement. The parts needed were all in stock with the exception of the FWD seals which they proactively ordered as soon as I made the appointment, and were in hand when I arrived.

3 of the four trips necessitated leaving the car for at least one night. I was provided with an ICE loaner each time...nice cars, too (brand new BMWs and a Mustang convertible). They sent multiple updates each day the car was in the SC. They charged the battery each time. Each contact with them has been friendly and professional.

This most recent event was exemplary. I set up an appointment in the app, the first available was a week out. They called an hour later and said they could take me at 8am the next day if I could get the car in.

Thank you, Tampa SC.

This is a great idea. I have received excellent service from the Dublin Service Center here in Northern California. I have had minimal trouble from my July 2018 Model X but brought it in 3 times in the past: Once for the enhanced theft protection to be installed, and once when the car refused to charge from level two chargers- I just dropped by unannounced and told them the problem and they pushed out a software upgrade immediately that fixed the problem.

The third time I have a few little things wrong... interior part of the dash board came lose, some wear on the door frame from the FWD, and the driver's side window was binding and needed adjustment... and I was having some weird oscillation on the road while on navigate on autopilot. During my service visit, they fixed the dash, adjusted the window and FWD, and then upgraded the FSD computer to HD 3.0.

I had some questions about tire rotation and the other issues I mentioned above so I did a pre-service visit with them, I just dropped in! They did not seem to mind, one of the technicians came out and looked at the car and gave me advice and told me what they could do and they started the data collection process right there. The service techs were texting me before my appointment and pulling logs about my NOA experiences and confirmed what they were going to do, and I was all set. I dropped the car off, declined the Uber credits, since I have a backup hybrid, and the service was accomplished a day earlier than expected. I could not get to the car during regular work hours but the left the key in the car in a faraday pouch and I picked it up that evening and have had no problem since.

By the way.... I use the supercharger there in Dublin and the Pleasanton and Livermore superchargers and there seems to always be trash around... It is pretty sad how messy people are sometimes. So while I am waiting to charge, I keep trash bags in the car and I go around and pick up trash and clean up the area, to make it look nicer.

Has anyone else noticed it?

Mike P

By the way.... I use the supercharger there in Dublin and the Pleasanton and Livermore superchargers and there seems to always be trash around... It is pretty sad how messy people are sometimes. So while I am waiting to charge, I keep trash bags in the car and I go around and pick up trash and clean up the area, to make it look nicer.

That is very nice of you and I predict good karma in your future !! I've supercharged a grand total of 3 times and they have actually been litter free....

This is a great idea. I have received excellent service from the Dublin Service Center here in Northern California. I have had minimal trouble from my July 2018 Model X but brought it in 3 times in the past: Once for the enhanced theft protection to be installed, and once when the car refused to charge from level two chargers- I just dropped by unannounced and told them the problem and they pushed out a software upgrade immediately that fixed the problem.

The third time I have a few little things wrong... interior part of the dash board came lose, some wear on the door frame from the FWD, and the driver's side window was binding and needed adjustment... and I was having some weird oscillation on the road while on navigate on autopilot. During my service visit, they fixed the dash, adjusted the window and FWD, and then upgraded the FSD computer to HD 3.0.

I had some questions about tire rotation and the other issues I mentioned above so I did a pre-service visit with them, I just dropped in! They did not seem to mind, one of the technicians came out and looked at the car and gave me advice and told me what they could do and they started the data collection process right there. The service techs were texting me before my appointment and pulling logs about my NOA experiences and confirmed what they were going to do, and I was all set. I dropped the car off, declined the Uber credits, since I have a backup hybrid, and the service was accomplished a day earlier than expected. I could not get to the car during regular work hours but the left the key in the car in a faraday pouch and I picked it up that evening and have had no problem since.

Has anyone else noticed it?

Mike P

I have also had good luck with the Dublin service center. One thing though is I leave the car and don't need a loaner. I have other cars I can drive and someone who can pick me up.

And, compared to say the BMW dealer down the highway, Tesla is a much faster about getting you checked in. When you pull in the driveway someone is there verify the details of your service need. No need to wait for a service writer to meet with you, and try to sell you additional services.

And I only Superchargered a few times, but never noticed any trash at the Dublin, Pleasanton (the one across from InNOut), or Outlet Mall SuperChargers. Maybe I am lucky, or just following you!

I have also had good luck with the Dublin service center. One thing though is I leave the car and don't need a loaner. I have other cars I can drive and someone who can pick me up.

And, compared to say the BMW dealer down the highway, Tesla is a much faster about getting you checked in. When you pull in the driveway someone is there verify the details of your service need. No need to wait for a service writer to meet with you, and try to sell you additional services.

Sounds like the Dublin SC is a good one. I went to the Rocklin, CA SC and there is no greeter in the driveway and no organization inside where the service writers are. Just seemed like a free for all. Glad to hear you had a good experience at Dublin.

Rather than start a new thread, I'll just use this one to pile on the kudos for a good service center. Across the country from California in Raleigh, North Carolina, I had my first service appointment on a newly purchased used MX this week and couldn't be more pleased with how it went. My new-to-me used Model X, bought from Tesla, came with a few issues on delivery. The delivery person suggested I note the issues, and since none were major, drive the car for a few days, note any additional concerns, and schedule a service appointment to get everything checked and fixed. I was mildly annoyed that a car sold direct from Tesla would be delivered with a number of little issues, but I told myself if the Service Center resolves it all I'd be happy with the result.

I had issues with the alignment of the driver's window, seal on driver's door, seal on a rear window allowing wind ingress at high speed, bluetooth microphone not working, and my car was delivered without all of the parts for the tow hitch.

I dropped off the car at 8am, was provided with uber credits which was useful enough for me, received status updates via text throughout the day, notified the car was ready at 4:45pm, and picked up the car at 5:15pm with every issue resolved. I'm very happy with this level of service.

The staff at the SC were courteous, competent, and professional. They discussed other Model X issues, and agreed that during their test drive of my X it is exhibiting the acceleration shudder issue as well. They helped me to scheduled a subsequent SC visit on the spot to install the updated parts to see if it remediates it. They also discussed the coming updates for FSD, and that I would need another appointment in the future for that update. I'm pleased that they solved the issues present at delivery and are showing proactive care for the vehicle and me as the owner. I'm happy to have a good service center located conveniently close. Thanks Raleigh SC team.

Reactions: BenderTmoc
+1 to Raleigh service. I will admit that on my first visit, I was worried that things were getting off to a rocky start, but I am happy to say that after subsequent visits that the staff there are making sure to do everything they can to make sure I'm happy with my car. I have no basis for comparison, but I suspect that Raleigh is setting the example for others to follow!

Jboy210, perhaps you are following me. Because of multiple fast food restaurants and Home Depot nearby, I am constantly picking up trash and half-eaten food, cups and cans from around the Pleasanton supercharger.... although I have been there for a while. Their KW output has been reduced the past few months, and supercharging has been very limited,
Mike P

Jboy210, perhaps you are following me. Because of multiple fast food restaurants and Home Depot nearby, I am constantly picking up trash and half-eaten food, cups and cans from around the Pleasanton supercharger.... although I have been there for a while. Their KW output has been reduced the past few months, and supercharging has been very limited,
Mike P

I go there more than any other SuperCharger. Maybe once every other month. Maybe it is the time I go, usually 9-10A on a weekday.

And hopefully there will be a little less trash now that Taco Bell is closed for remodelling.

Here is my recent experience at Dublin, CA service center... Finally, after 4 months got the yellow border removed last week at (Tesla cancelled two of my previous appointments). They didn't have any loaners available. No Uber voucher either. I took Uber on my own to get back home as well as when I picked the car up later on the day. They said the reimbursement check will come in the mail but not sure when!

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I thought I'd share another great experience at the Tempe, AZ Service Center!

Allow me to preface with my last Service Center experience was horrific - kept my car for two weeks, terrible communication and returned my X to me with a layer of dust you might find on a vehicle in a scrap heap.

Not this time! On time, on target! Great communication. Dropped the car at 8:30 am and they were finished at 1:00 pm (replaced the top panels of the FWD's and was able to purchase the ESA too). Almost as great as the pre-Model 3 days.

I'm extremely happy to see the turn-around and my evangelism has been re-ignited.

• Love
Reactions: MichaelP90DL