Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excellent Tesla Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This title isn't sarcastic, and I hope that praising Tesla service doesn't get me banned from this forum;)
It is ok to say good things, correct?
I ended up having my left front door harness both replaced and rewired. They said the wire was routed incorrectly when built at the factory last year.
They were VERY clear about communication ahead of time. Multiple texts and phone calls ahead of time and throughout the process gave clear and concise information. At both drop-off and pick-up I never saw a human being. My loaner was a nice loaded S:D
FYI it's the Watertown, MA location.
I'm sorry for posting a good service experience. I know that's frowned upon.

I’ve only had good experiences at two locations in Ontario.

I don’t think anyone has issues with good experiences.
It’s just that the mostly only the bad experiences get discussed, because “misery likes company”, so it seems like that’s all there is.

Unfortunately, there are a select group of owners that take one bad experience, and discuss it about a thousand times, so it seems like many. :)

This title isn't sarcastic, and I hope that praising Tesla service doesn't get me banned from this forum;)
I ended up having my left front door harness both replaced and rewired. They said the wire was routed incorrectly when built at the factory last year.
They were VERY clear about communication ahead of time. Multiple texts and phone calls ahead of time and throughout the process gave clear and concise information. At both drop-off and pick-up I never saw a human being. My loaner was a nice loaded S:D

I will confirm my dealings with the SC guys on arrival are spot on when it comes to courtesy and professionalism, that also goes for the ranger I had out. Its the pre-logistics that can be the downfall if they are not ready to work on the things you waited a month+ for to get looked at. I wouldn't worry about being frowned upon you actually want to be hearing the good as well as the bad.

I’ve only had good experiences at two locations in Ontario.

I don’t think anyone has issues with good experiences.
It’s just that the mostly only the bad experiences get discussed, because “misery likes company”, so it seems like that’s all there is.

Unfortunately, there are a select group of owners that take one bad experience, and discuss it about a thousand times, so it seems like many. :)

Yes it's definitely the same people who wail over and over again. No doubt. They are disgruntled lovers who have been let down and hold a grudge for life.
I found my experience to be excellent and I feel bad that my expectations were so low. That's on you TMC. You miserable people;)

I've had nothing but excellent ranger visits in SE Mass. Can't stress enough how amazing it is to have this service. My wife received a notice for her Q7 TDI to have its software updated back in January. Here we are and she is still hasn't brought it in to get done, mostly due to the hassle of scheduling and dropping it off.

Reactions: toolman335
Really man! Good service! You are so banned!!!

In 6 years of ownership I've had nothing but great service from the San Diego and Carlsbad service centers, and I've had a lot of engagements. Off the top of my head:

- Pano roof replaced due to creaking noises
- Dash creaking noise issue fixed
- Drive unit replaced (dreaded "clunking" issue)
- MCU screen replaced due to screen bubbling issue
- Battery heater/cooler unit failed while I was at the Barstow SpC on the way to Vegas. Towed to Costa Mesa and replaced.
- Driver's door handle refusing to extend issue (fixed by a ranger)
- Battery sent off to Fremont to be re-wired (got a loaner battery to use for 4 months)
- 2nd MCU screen yellowing border issue fixed
- 2nd MCU "running out of memory" issue fixed
- 3 "annual" service visits
- Recall work done on airbags and power steering bolts

Yeah that's a lot of work for a car this expensive, but I've never had an issue with the professionalism, courtesy, and communication of the service team. And with the exception of the annual service visits and the recent running out of memory issue which happened after my warranty expired, everything else was done for free.

Have a 2014 MS P85+, also owned a 2016 MX P100DL...have CT on order for US and getting the Plaid MS for Europe. Both owned cars have had their share of issues (especially the early production run MX)...but Tesla has come through every...single...time. Despite the occasional challenge, more human interaction-related (read stressed service people) than company problems....at the end of the day they've always come through...often in a big way. Having owned myriad cars across the spectrum from Ford to Ferrari, we have never felt like the service center had our back, much less the arms-length manufacturer...Tesla always has our back no matter what. 6+ years on, our ~90,000 mile P85+ is hands-down the best car we've ever owned...still looks, runs and drives like the day we bought it and charges to up 251 miles to this day.

Tesla Service is doing the best they can with limited time and resources...and we as early adopters (yes, it's still early) work hard to understand the reality of the situation and try to assist rather than demand...we feel zero entitlement just because we are paying for something. This is a worldwide movement driven by a strong why...and we intend to move it forward in any way we can...fast and with style...!

20200306_163530.jpg

Living in Maine, I have a two hour drive to our nearest SC in Peabody (North Short) Massachusetts. Other than a long dive, I've had nothing but excellent service. They have an attentive and knowledgeable Service Manager, Shawn, who takes care of us from scheduling to completion. Nice, spacious location, too.

I had the SC tech out yesterday to fix the skirtings back to the underside of my M3. He also showed me the washer tubes which were very poorly fitted. Said both problems were assembly at the US factory. Nothing wrong with the parts once fitted properly. Amazing that Tesla can allow cars out of the production like that - they must surely be aware of these (minor) issues.

Anyway the tech was great, on time, very helpful etc. So high praise for the guys on the ground.

My experiences with Tesla service have been very good to excellent since taking delivery of my metallic silver Model 3 dual-motor on 9/16/2018. The following are some of my service experiences since then.

In early March 2020, I scheduled an appointment at the recently opened West Palm Beach, FL service center thru the Tesla app for the FSD upgrade to my M3D along with a new windshield (due to rock chip) and to correct a squeak issue with the driver's seat. After clarifying a couple issues, the service appointment was handled professionally and I was given a 2014 Model S loaner for three days. Everything was done correctly and my car was ready as promised.

At each one of my service events, including in Colorado and California during a trip in July 2019, I was very satisfied with the experiences. Upon arriving at the supercharger in The Dalles, Oregon, I encountered a mobile service tech (CJ) charging his service Model S and asked him about a problem with the rear aero shield. He immediately set to work jacking my car up to investigate, checked on the availability of a replacement part and found that it was not in stock at the nearest center in Portland. I then mentioned that I would be in Fremont later in the month for the factory tour. He found that the part was available at the Fremont service center and scheduled an appointment for the same morning as my tour. CJ used some Gorilla tape that I had brought along to better secure the aero shield from flapping.

In Fremont my service visit as well as the factory tour went perfectly and my car was ready when I returned following the tour. Although I was given Uber credits for the ride between locations, I didn't use them since other Tesla owners offered me rides.

The Colorado service visit to the Littleton SC was necessary to replace the front aero shield that had been cracked by road debris. In this case I just waited in the waiting room for the short time of the repair. Likewise a very positive experience. The rear aero shield had likely been damaged by the same debris, but hadn't yet become apparent, otherwise I would have had both replaced at the same time in Colorado.

My local ranger came for a minor fix and noticed the steering wheel was slightly off center. Service center is only 2 mi from my house and it needed to go there for the alignment. They messed up twice forgetting to do some items and a bad alignment job but they fessed up with no attitude and got it right.

It's worth noting that I have been driving BMWs for a long time. I am still very active on the BimmerFest Forums and still have my 650i convertible. I purchased 6 different 5-series cars from my local dealer in the last 14 years. My wife is in real estate and takes clients in her car often and that is the car of choice for agents in this area. The M3 will be a fine replacement.

The problems with those cars is beyond belief. I had a 2011 530i that they bought back from me after a year due to irreparable issues.

My 2020 Tesla M3 delivered 2 months ago was the replacement for a 2019 BMW E530 hybrid I purchased in March, that they had to Lemon Law. Constant software and hardware issues. 28 days in the shop. Multiple screen replacements, many software software (often taking a day or more to update) and random brake locking on reverse that will give you a headache if not whiplash! There is more but you get the idea. FYI the sticker on this car was about $70k.

Tesla certainly has a way to go to improve their short comings in build quality and customer service, but they are a light year ahead of BMW!!!