Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exceptional Mobile Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is good to hear, and frankly a lot more common than anything online would have people believe. This thread, like pretty much every other "kudos" thread before it, will quickly sink into the forum subconsciousness, because its not controversial enough to keep peoples attention.

Conversely, people get upset about something, go online to complain, many times find this website (because its very big), join, then write up a complaint. Also, tesla in general is controversial because of Elon (hes polarizing).

My own interactions with Tesla, mirror the advice I tell others about, and its this:

"In general, when you are in person with someone with tesla, they tend to be pretty good, to great. In general, when you are dealing with someone on the phone, or needing something "outside of the normal process they offer", they tend to be average to very poor. The phone support personnel are pretty overworked and have a greater workload than they can support, but when you get to your appointment, generally things are ok".

There are definitely exceptions, and they tend to be around things people have already beat tesla support people up over that they cant do anything about, like "panel gaps" or "my battery has 14 miles less charge than it did a year ago, its broken, I know its broken" or stuff like that.

On a general note....

If a person contacts anyone (and I do mean ANYONE) at Tesla, and starts talking about "My car is missing 8kW of energy, teslafi / Stats says", or "My car used to charge to 310 and now it only charges to 279 at 100%, I know its broken!" they will completely, utterly ignore you, because there is nothing for them to do in either case. They also have heard that so many times, that the minute they hear "my car only charges...." they completely shut down and dont listen any longer.

• Informative
Reactions: Soul Surfer
This is good to hear, and frankly a lot more common than anything online would have people believe. This thread, like pretty much every other "kudos" thread before it, will quickly sink into the forum subconsciousness, because its not controversial enough to keep peoples attention.

Conversely, people get upset about something, go online to complain, many times find this website (because its very big), join, then write up a complaint. Also, tesla in general is controversial because of Elon (hes polarizing).

My own interactions with Tesla, mirror the advice I tell others about, and its this:

"In general, when you are in person with someone with tesla, they tend to be pretty good, to great. In general, when you are dealing with someone on the phone, or needing something "outside of the normal process they offer", they tend to be average to very poor. The phone support personnel are pretty overworked and have a greater workload than they can support, but when you get to your appointment, generally things are ok".

There are definitely exceptions, and they tend to be around things people have already beat tesla support people up over that they cant do anything about, like "panel gaps" or "my battery has 14 miles less charge than it did a year ago, its broken, I know its broken" or stuff like that.

On a general note....

If a person contacts anyone (and I do mean ANYONE) at Tesla, and starts talking about "My car is missing 8kW of energy, teslafi / Stats says", or "My car used to charge to 310 and now it only charges to 279 at 100%, I know its broken!" they will completely, utterly ignore you, because there is nothing for them to do in either case. They also have heard that so many times, that the minute they hear "my car only charges...." they completely shut down and dont listen any longer.
I had two other EV’s before getting my M3LRAWD, last month. I had been a “naysayer” about Musk and some of the braggadocio that appears to go with Tesla ownership, but I decided to take the leap after years and years of following the company. It also helped that our apartment is literally less than 1 km from the Tesla store in North York, ON, and the garage is even closer. As a previous Volt owner, Chevy kinda sorta “hid” battery loss by only allowing you to use a certain portion of the battery. I had a 2015 Gen 1 then a 2018 Gen 2. But THIS, this is at a whole ‘nuther level. Having followed this long enough, I expect that there will be some loss over time. Other than that, I find it to be a pretty well put together vehicle. Also, as a former exec (retired) in the I.T. space, it appeals to me that the software connues to evolve.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC and jjrandorin
Also, as a former exec (retired) in the I.T. space, it appeals to me that the software connues to evolve.

There are a lot of IT / engineering types that are attracted to these cars, for various reasons. I think thats one of the reasons the owners got a specific "rep". Another reason for that, in my opinion anyway, is that a lot of the early adopters were / are the "save the planet" camp.

Thats great for a niche product, but not a mass market vehicle. There has to be more selfish reasons to buy the car or it wouldnt survive. Anyway, one thing that I love (because I am also in the IT space), is that, there is really nothing that a 2021 model 3 does from a technological level that my car doesnt do. My car has the same UI, etc. I dont have a heat pump, but other than that, I dont feel left out at all.

I always hated it when my BMWs would not do "X or Y" because "thats in the new one, no way to get it in the 3 year old one you have". One reason I always leased those. After 2 years I was always looking forward to getting "the new one", for almost 2 decades.

Right now, however, I still like my car as much as I did when I picked it up in dec of 2018.

I’ve had three mobile service appointments, two with XXXXX and the other with a fellow named XXXXX. There may be more than one Jerome mobile ranger in the Toronto area I guess but in any case all thre appointment had excellent service. Clear communication, solved my issues, ready to hear about something that wasn’t in the ticket.

(moderator note)

I removed the specific tech names from the posts made, because I dont think its a good idea to have the specific employees names here. Just like someone attempting to post the name of a tesla employee they are unhappy with can lead to unintended (or intended) issues, so can posting even positive experiences with specific people.

Due to the size of this website, posting someones name can easily have people with issues try to figure out "how do I get tech so and so to work on my issue, let me just tell tesla thats what I want". Since Tesla does not work that way from a scheduling perspective, THAT can lead to that person getting "talked to" about a bunch of people wanting them specifically, etc.

I dont mind people sharing a location they are in, and saying it was a mobile tech, but please leave the specific name(s) of those employees out of the posts.

Thanks

(moderator note)

I removed the specific tech names from the posts made, because I dont think its a good idea to have the specific employees names here. Just like someone attempting to post the name of a tesla employee they are unhappy with can lead to unintended (or intended) issues, so can posting even positive experiences with specific people.

Due to the size of this website, posting someones name can easily have people with issues try to figure out "how do I get tech so and so to work on my issue, let me just tell tesla thats what I want". Since Tesla does not work that way from a scheduling perspective, THAT can lead to that person getting "talked to" about a bunch of people wanting them specifically, etc.

I dont mind people sharing a location they are in, and saying it was a mobile tech, but please leave the specific name(s) of those employees out of the posts.

Thanks
Good point JJ. I hadn’t really thought of that as the OP. As Canadians, we tend to be more celebratory and less conflict inciting. But then again, get us in a hockey fight and the gloves are off, LOL.Thanks for monitoring the thread.

Tesla Mobile service is awesome. I have had them 5 times to my house. First time was after purchase 'issues (door gap and headlight 'droop' resolved), twice for tire rotation and once for filter change and the biggest event was for a change of the charging port after a pin cracked. They were on time every time and the service was fast and great. Also, the guys were nice people too. Nothing but praise from me for the Mobile guys in N. Texas.

Reactions: Soul Surfer