Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excess wind noise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just accepted delivery yesterday. I noticed wind noise comes into the interior cabin more so than other cars I've been in (not luxury cars like even my 2012 Camry is more quiet). Notice it mostly at freeway speeds. Is this normal for the MS. I have 19" rim no pano roof.

My father in law's MS had the issue. Can you pin-point where the noise is coming from? His was from the back passenger door. The weather stripping was not seating against the glass very well. I believe he took it into service but I dont know what the outcome was, Im assuming they corrected it. Ill ask next time i see him.

I just took delivery a couple weeks ago. I kind of feel like I get a lot of wind noise out of the top of the driver side window. I only notice it at highway speeds. Maybe I should take it into the service center to check it out and see if I need the weather stripping adjusted.

Just accepted delivery yesterday. I noticed wind noise comes into the interior cabin more so than other cars I've been in (not luxury cars like even my 2012 Camry is more quiet). Notice it mostly at freeway speeds. Is this normal for the MS. I have 19" rim no pano roof.

I had a similar issue when I first received my brand new Model S. It sounded like it was coming from near the little triangle window towards the front of the car on the driver's side. I notified the Service Center and I think they replaced some weatherstripping and added some foam inserts or something. It dramatically improved.

Try notifying your Service Center; I bet they can help you out. Good luck!

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve