Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excessive Rear Tire Inside Edge Wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any update OP?

Just had this issue - the inside edges of my rear tires were absolutely destroyed in just a few thousand miles. The consensus seems to be:
1. It’s normal for staggered rear tires to wear somewhat quickly due to the camber (which can only be adjusted with aftermarket hardware).
2. Mis-alignment (e.g. toe) can make this problem considerably worse.
3. Removing the “low” suspension at highway speed seems to help for some people.

C8489E08-E5A5-4354-8C8C-19D16443E062.jpeg

check your tire pressures - yeah I know it's stating the blindingly obvious, but I have learnt to run mine at 45psi and the problem largely goes away, run them at 40-42 and this is exactly what you get (in as little as 12K miles)
Exactly this!!! 45PSI is the magic number for my 275/35/20s as well (P85D). Took me two sets of tires to settle on that number. First set I only managed 16K miles. Second set I bumped up to 45 and got 21K. Both were the same Falken Azenis FK510. Excessive negative camber needs to be fixed (have adjustable arms sitting in the garage), but 3-4extra PSI absolutely makes a difference.