Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excessive Unsafe Following Hits [on my Safety Score]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else getting excessive Unsafe Following hits during rain/snow?
I’m on 22.36.6, ever since this update I keep getting UNSAFE FOLLOWING hits on my safety score when it’s raining or snowing, this is effecting my insurance rate, not acceptable!

Anyone else getting excessive Unsafe Following hits during rain/snow?
I’m on 22.36.6, ever since this update I keep getting UNSAFE FOLLOWING hits on my safety score when it’s raining or snowing, this is effecting my insurance rate, not acceptable!
I get excessive Unsafe following for normal driving most of the time. I don't even want to address aggressive turning as that is the fun part of this car! I guess I'll just pay some of the extra bucks to enjoy my car!

While unsafe following hits for what seem to us reasonable driving on our part are annoying, they may not be actually hurting your SS much at all.

The weighting formula multiplied by my actual results means that in my case pretty much the only two of the five categories that matter are:

Forward collision Warning--I hardly ever get these, but when I do they hurt--badly
Hard braking--I get these on many of my drives, and because I in fact use grandpa-level braking and turning most of the time, the denominator is smaller than it would be for most of you. So when I brake to stop for a yellow light on a 55-mph limited access road most of my Albuquerque fellow drivers would drive right through, I'm almost guaranteed to get a quite bad SS for the trip.

If you have not already found it, the Safety Score Simulator lets you try out the effect that changing your score for any one or more of the five would have on your score for any given day.

To get there:
phone app|Safety Score|Daily breakdown|Safety Score simulator

Touch a number field, delete the current entry with the back arrow, and type in your revised number, then Done.

I suspect you will find the hit to SS from unsafe following is less than you suppose.

Reactions: 2023y and SMC-tx