Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excessive wait for replacement parts (and, Where is the radar located in the refreshed Model S?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Sad but I've been hit by a taxi driver from my front bumper left side, 10 days after the delivery. It looks like a small fix, but Tesla is so slow to send parts. Body shop(Approved by Tesla) is waiting for a new radar unit for more than 2 months.

My question is, where is radar located in 2016 refreshed Model S? In Model X, it is on the middle to right side.
Unless it is on the left side in the MS, I don't understand how my radar is damaged. Is it that fragile? Actually, I remember using autopilot after the accident. Body shop says that it may take another 3-4 weeks to get the part.
And how come it is taking 3 months to get a replacement part? It's been 6 months that is model s is around and they are still not able to provide parts?

And you can imagine my anger/disappointment, since I was only able to drive it only for 10 days and it is already outdated. Actually, I'm angry myself that I've upgraded my 85D to P90DL. My 85D had warranty issues those were not fixed for 6 months, when my new car was ready for delivery, I had to trade in my car to Tesla for a lower price, rather than selling it privately, because of those issues. Thanks to that excessive wait, I also had to cancel my travel plans for the summer. I love Tesla, I have many referrals, but I just wanted to share my feelings.