TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Exchange seats????

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by nowtleft, Jun 27, 2017.

1. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

Just had a loan car as mine is in for some work - my P85 has "special seats" but the P85D loan car which is 6 months younger has the new seats which are WAY better! Is there any way to ay to swap the 2 front seats for ones which are supportive and comfortable?

2. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Wk057 had it done awhile back, check his thread out here: Next generation seat retrofit, pics and tinkering with old seats

3. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Next trick, after reading up on the how-to, is to ask to have your car and the loan car at the same time :cool:

• Funny x 1
  4. nowtleft

nowtleft Member

LOL - and they wouldnt notice!

5. BLKTSLA

BLKTSLA Member

Yes Next Gen (v3 seats) are arguably the best, preferentially over the Tesla Premiums (v4) but substantially over the original (v1 & v2). Unfortunately they are expensive to purchase and install as they are made to order, so you are looking at $5-$6k if you go through Tesla to buy them. If you get used seats elsewhere you just need to pay for the install, but definitely worth it. I have a friend who upgraded from Performance Seats (v1) to the Next Gens hes a very happy camper now.

I believe Tesla Abandoned the Next Gens because they as well as the ones beforehand were made by Recaro, and the new Tesla Premium seats were made by another company who Tesla Acquired thus its in-house.

• Informative x 1