Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excise tax bill in MA?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just posting that it looks different, yet again. This time in our favor, I think. My 2016 bill, for a 2015 build, had 45k valuation. As a second year of the schedule, this suggests 45k/.6, or $75,000 as the unoptioned Model S original MA value (unoptioned is how I believe MA assesses all vehicles). I had to abate, to get down to a 79k basis last year (then X.90). Maybe others are noticing this year the state has issued towns a different (more favorable) number set? Spreading cheer, if so.

Welcome to Taxachusetts. Where the taxes are rampant and plentiful.
You could always move an hour north and save your income and sales tax.

Not to get off on a tangent, but the term "Taxachusetts" has not been accurate for a long time. Looking at the total tax picture, including sales taxes (which are low here compared to many other states), income taxes, excise, etc., Mass. is about in the middle now, no longer one of the highest tax states.

Just posting that it looks different, yet again. This time in our favor, I think. My 2016 bill, for a 2015 build, had 45k valuation. As a second year of the schedule, this suggests 45k/.6, or $75,000 as the unoptioned Model S original MA value (unoptioned is how I believe MA assesses all vehicles). I had to abate, to get down to a 79k basis last year (then X.90). Maybe others are noticing this year the state has issued towns a different (more favorable) number set? Spreading cheer, if so.

My excise tax bill in MA for my 2015 70D appears to have been based upon an MSRP of $75,000 (which is the MSRP for a 70D without options). I backed this value out from my actual bill for the 4 months of 2015 that I had the car.

Have not yet been billed for the 2016 tax but i will check the numbers.