TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Excited About the Model 3 But Happy I Did Not Wait

Discussion in 'Model S' started by NYEVDriver, Jul 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NYEVDriver

NYEVDriver Member

#1 NYEVDriver, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    First I would like to say that I am really excited about the Model 3 release. This car will force other car manufactures to finally join the EV market or loose market share. The Model 3 is a great first step for Tesla in regards to their mass market vehicle and I am certain will only get better with time. But I am glad I did not wait and purchased my Model S last year. I was ready to put my deposit down on the Model 3 last year prior to seeing the vehicle. But that changed when I saw the Model 3 for the first time. Don't get me wrong I think it's a nice looking vehicle but I like the looks of the Model S more and the hatch back was more appealing to me (reminded me of the Audi A7 which is the only ICE car I would consider driving). I have seen many threads discussing how much better the interior on the Model 3 and how the Model S is over priced compared to the long range Model 3. But one aspect of the Model 3 that has not been discussed (or I may have missed) was the warranty difference. One of the reasons I purchase my Tesla was the 8 Year/Unlimited Mile warranty. We drive 25-30K miles per year (each car) and was so tired of being out of warranty within 3 years for Engine and transmission (especially when financing for 5 years). Having the Tesla Warranty meant more piece of mind for us. I was surprised to see that the warranty on the Model 3 was only up to 100K and only included the batteries. We plan to keep our vehicles for at least 8 years and it's nice know that we are covered for that entire time.

On a different note I know there are many opinions about the Model 3 vs Model S but we must remember that taste is subjective and that we should try not to down anyone because they prefer one vehicle over another. I have read several post by individuals stating that the Model S interior is not worth the money. We have to remember that Tesla is not in the business of selling cars (I know strange thing to state) but is in the business of addressing the issues that people have with their ICE vehicles today. I attended the VIP tour in June and was surprised to see how they discussed how Tesla went about solving the different problems that exist in current cars. Plus I do believe that the Model S and Model 3 will differ more as time progresses. Having the ability to purchasing a Tesla is great not only because it's a nice looking car and is fun to drive but because we a contributing to cause that will hopefully change the world.

• Like x 2