Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exclamation point on center console won't go away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 Model S with 55K miles, well maintained. I can't get rid of the exclamation point on the center console advising me that "Software update required. Contact Tesla service when convenient." This has been going on for about 6 months. Of course I took the car to the Tesla service center (twice) and they loaded the current firmware updates. They found nothing wrong. Upon leaving the shop the indicator came on again. Shop staff were perplexed and researched it. Had no answer. Mind you, it is not the exclamation point that is the bother. This phenomenon is accompanied by the inabaility to play the radio. There is no sound when the volume is raised. There is sound for navigation, streaming, etc. When this happens, the display on the right side of the speedometer displays "radio 530" even if I have a different station on the center console. Also paired with this phenomenon is a series of beeps when entering the car. Typically 4 rapid beeps which is probably a code for something but shop guys can't say what. This occurs upon entering the car and remains in effect for an entire trip. It happens on intermittent trips but is now occurring more and more frequently to the tune of every other trip I take.
Any good diagnosticians out there?