Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Executive Leather option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Executive leather very different from renderings...

James, what's with no contrast color on the steering wheel? Did you ask? That now makes two significant (to me) deviations from the Exec Leather + CF artist renderings on which I based my decision to take the interior upgrades.

Check out the large number of differences between James' photos and this Tesla rendering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the large number of differences between James' photos and this Tesla rendering.

This is part of the marketing material I was given as part of the sales process. Can we count the number of features missing vs the ones present? Not just the stitching, but also the widespread absence of the accent color. The color on the steering wheel especially and also door pull were high on my list of reasons for choosing exec leather.

310d1248529359-executive-leather-option-stitching.jpg

Attachments

• stitching.jpg
    stitching.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 319
Last edited by a moderator:
This is part of the marketing material I was given as part of the sales process. Can we count the number of features missing vs the ones present? Not just the stitching, but also the widespread absence of the accent color. The color on the steering wheel especially and also door pull were high on my list of reasons for choosing exec leather.

Only two of the eight highlighted features appear to be present in James' car - with at least four other changes visible outside of the highlighted ones.

Only two of the eight highlighted features appear to be present in James' car - with at least four other changes visible outside of the highlighted ones.

Sorry for not responding much yet this weekend. We have been at the track, at an auto show, etc. Lots of pictures and video is going to be posted in the coming days as TEG, DaveD, TomSax and I get this material processed. But the price of obtaining these pics and video is that we don't have much time to respond quickly here.

Some of these those executive leather elements are not present from the rendering. The steering wheel clearly. I will upload clear pictures when I get home. I don't want to say which ones yet just from memory. My Roadster Sport is over in a warehouse behind locked gates being recharged, otherwise I would confirm each detail now for you. Detailed pictures on this will be uploaded by the end fo the day.

I will say that everyone has been giving rave reviews to the look of the Roadster Sport overall.

Last edited:
I'm still confused about what the Executive Leather DOES include, since all I've heard is about things that it DOESN'T include from the original render. The only thing I have actually seen in the pictures thus far is contrast stitching on the dashboard. What else do you get for $6k?

I'm still confused about what the Executive Leather DOES include, since all I've heard is about things that it DOESN'T include from the original render. The only thing I have actually seen in the pictures thus far is contrast stitching on the dashboard. What else do you get for $6k?

I had a chance on Friday night to see a 2010 Roadster with the standard interior. So now I have a better idea of what executive leather does include.

Mine DOES have:
There is more leather around the console, around the vents and on the dash.
There is contrast stitching on the door and front glove compartment line that goes across, but not as much as was originally promised.

The picture above indicated the seats, steering wheel, brake handle and center VDS would all have contrast stitching. None of that is present.

The door handle and steering were supposed to be the contrast color or two tone. That is not present.

The door sill was supposed to be two tone, but that is not present. I have a regular door sill.

I heard that when Franz saw the prototype, he made changes. They thought having the door handle, steering wheel and door sill the contrast color would show dirt too easily. Those sorts of decisions are understandable. However I wish the changes has been communicated at a time where I would have known about them and could have made a decision on keeping the option or not.

Overall I still really like my Roadster Sport with executive leather. It is just missing some things that would have made it more what I was expecting. For $6,000 I don't think I would do the executive leather again if I had the chance to go back in time and select my options.

Maybe I will ask for a partial credit towards the exterior carbon fiber and have that added to my car. :)

Last edited:
Here are some shots of my executive leather with carbon fiber interior. Note the door sill is also supposed to be carbon fiber, and is promised to be retrofited by Tesla later when the part is available.

I'm really happy with the carbon fiber upgrade. It looks stunning in person.

IMG_7103.jpg

IMG_7106.jpg

IMG_7095.jpg

IMG_7091.jpg

I'm for the sills, but at the price they better work as advertised.

By the way, in the 08's the VDS screen reflects the door by the driver's left knee (this one has a slash of red there). That bit needs to be dark as possible. Black Velvet?

VFX - Was there meant to be a photo uploaded? I am not sure I follow this comment...Please explain.

VFX - Was there meant to be a photo uploaded? I am not sure I follow this comment...Please explain.

No but I probably should. I just find it irritating when you look at the 08' VDS screen and all you see in daylight is what's reflected off the face of it. What you see is the door.

I know that 2010 owners will speak up here.

Can you have carbon fiber (interior and exterior) added later by Tesla? If I order a Roadster as well, was thinking about getting stock car with executive leather interior but wanted to add the carbon fiber panels a year or so later. Would that be possible? Thanks.