TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Executive seat conversion?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Mysterylectric, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Mysterylectric

I have a 2013 P85 with grey bench rear seats, and I am looking to convert to the executive rear seats. Tesla is no help on the issue, and I've searched through the forum with no luck. Does anyone know if it's possible to retrofit the the executive seats into the bench cars, and will the rear facing seats still work with the executive seats if the retro is possible? Thanks for your help.

2. bishoppeak

bishoppeak Member

Should have no impact on the rear facing seats. I don't know where you would source the executive seats, perhaps a wreck? Should bolt in if you can find them.

3. Mysterylectric

I can buy them new from tesla still, and there's a few people who have been interested in a trade. I don't want to commit to a trade if it turns out it isn't possible to swap. I feel like it should be a direct swap, but I don't know for sure.

4. bishoppeak

bishoppeak Member

If the swap doesn't work, then the person you trade with won't be successful either and you're both just out the shipping to return to each other.

5. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

i thought that the executive seats were actually set further back in the car? can comebody confirm?

6. Mysterylectric

We'reout the shipping each way. Oversized shipping like that is probably $200 each way, each seat. That's $400 down the drain, and I'd be pretty upset, as would the other party.

• Disagree x 1
  7. Mysterylectric

I don't actually see how that would be possible, as the seats back right up to the motor box as is. I'd be curious about this though.

8. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

9. Mysterylectric

For $2500 seats?

10. lmore

lmore Member

I remember it was not possible to order executive seats with backwards facing seats option (at least in Europe).

I have the opposite question, is it possible to replace the executive seats with standard seats?

If yes, does anyone in Europe want to trade or sell seats, color of the executive seats is beige.

The car is a P90D with executive seats (the only P90D with such seats in the world I suspect), driven less than 10000 km.
    I need 5 seats so I have to sell the car if this cannot be solved.